Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Using embroidery designs as quilting designs

Using embroidery designs as quilting designs

I decided I wanted to try a quilt as you go project, and quilt each block with my embroidery machine. I have some great quilt designs I purchased several years ago and have not used them. My problem is, I have the Husqvarna Viking designer software, and it won't work on my relatively new computer. It's version 3 and they are out with V5. I don't embroider enough to justify the cost of upgrading to 5D ($2300). Does anyone know of a program that is less expensive but will let me manipulate my designs (change size, combine designs, take stuff out of designs, etc.)? Otherwise, you'll probably be seeing all my software for sale! Thanks for any help!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I have 4D and I use with my janome.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
    I have 4D and I use with my janome.
    I forgot to add this was left over after I traded my Viking in on my janome. Best trade I've made in a long time.

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for but I use Wilcom which I downloaded for free. I save designs to my computer and then alter and then transfer them back to my machine.

Embroidery works runs about 500 you can do alot of editing, no digitizing but can remove stitches combine, etc.
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    Embroidery works runs about 500 you can do alot of editing, no digitizing but can remove stitches combine, etc.
    I googled embroidery works and all I got was for a company that does the embroidery for you. Would you happen to have a web address for them? Thanks!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Blog Entries
    I use explorations embroidery software and I use that with my designer topaz I did some of this software on ebay and it is a lot cheater than $2300

Quote Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
    I decided I wanted to try a quilt as you go project, and quilt each block with my embroidery machine. I have some great quilt designs I purchased several years ago and have not used them. My problem is, I have the Husqvarna Viking designer software, and it won't work on my relatively new computer. It's version 3 and they are out with V5. I don't embroider enough to justify the cost of upgrading to 5D ($2300). Does anyone know of a program that is less expensive but will let me manipulate my designs (change size, combine designs, take stuff out of designs, etc.)? Otherwise, you'll probably be seeing all my software for sale! Thanks for any help!
    I have the Viking Topaz 30 and couldn't afford 5D. I use Embrilliance. It allows you to manipulate your design plus it will convert most any design to the viking format. I only paid $139.99 for it. Bought it online.

Embird. www.embird.net You can download and try for free. I've had the software for 10 years, and it is great.

Use of Embird demo version is limited to 30 days or 100 runs, whatever comes sooner. After this period, you must register your copy if you want to use it further.

New Embird License (Basic Program)

The fee for a new registration is US $164.
    jojo4