Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UUGGH! I'm sooo bummed! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/uuggh-im-sooo-bummed-t181922.html)

Elaine433 03-09-2012 05:25 AM

I would go back to the store and if that didn't work I would call viking directly. Maybe I'm just a fighter when I feel as though I have been cheated. It may help and it may not but as everyone here has said, you will be no worse off than you are now.

patdesign 03-09-2012 07:16 AM

Sorry you missed out on a special, it wouldn't hurt to ask the dealer about it tho.:)

jlwheart 03-09-2012 08:20 AM

The internet is changing how companies need to behave to stay in business. I told my local HV dealer, you may be the only physical game in town but you are not a monolopy any more. I spend $50-$100 mo on my sewing/embroidery/quilting. That may not be a lot but it does add up. Now I can go anwhere on the net and physically to the twin cities to spend my $$. You should have seen the look on her face!!! But it's true. We need to remind these folks of 2 things. What you do & how you treat us matters and we talk to each other. If anything they should just check in on how other companies have had to retract their positions, publicly apologize, etc.
The corp. HQ needs to know you were lied to. That's what I did. A cop once told me "Everybody has a boss." Every dealership comes up for renewal. Every store can be put out of business. My motto is reward the good and make sure the bad is brought to light. Not my job to punish only bring it to light. The least HV needs to do is make you the same offer others got. Good luck.

retteacher 03-09-2012 09:31 AM

Had the same problem with our bernina dealer

dmsaki 03-09-2012 10:47 AM

I bought one last night for $2,499.00 but I traded in Viking 750 to get that price....not sure if I got a good deal or not but I LOVE this machine.

JUNEC 03-09-2012 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sally J (Post 5038669)
I would also contact Viking, see what they say. Remind them that word of mouth from quilters will sell them more machines.

I would do the same thing - do you know if where you purchased your machine they were on commission??

nstitches4u 03-09-2012 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Wine Woman:
Quote [Most stores have a PRICE gaurantee for 14-30 days. Ask it most certainly wouldn't hurt. If not look at the return policy and return it and then repurchase it at the lower price. If not what I have done is even purchase a different one and return the higher priced item. It just depends on the store and their policy! 100.00 dollars is a lot of money not to get credit for! Quote]

We went to the Apple iPad workshop this morning. DH explained to them that he had purchased the iPad2 just 5 days before they dropped the price $100. The man was very nice. He processed a return and then resold it to us and refunded the $100. We are happy campers! We had also purchased 2 iPod touches and an iPad2 for me previously. I have owned the iPad2 for about 3 months. I feel like I have gotten $100 worth of use from it, so I don't feel like I should have waited to buy it. Apple is a good company to deal with. We are very happy with all our Apple products.

roseirish48 03-09-2012 01:42 PM

when i worked for a music store, if someone bought a piano or organ and a sale come up within 30 days of their purchase, they were given the discountd price. perhaps store has some type of policy. doesnt hurt
to ask

lisajane 03-09-2012 02:54 PM

It may very well be to your advantage to write to the company. Tell them what has happened and how disappointed you are. NO company wants a dissatisfied customer, it is not your fault you was given misinformation. Let them know there were other machines you were considering with extra promotional add on's, but you really wanted a Husqvarna. I guarantee you, you will get a response. Maybe even extra coupons, etc. Get online and get there address, take the time to write, you may be pleasantly surprised. Good Luck! p.s. You might want to send a copy of your receipt to verify you really did buy the machine.

stchenfool 03-09-2012 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 5038353)
I just went on the husqvarna site and see that if you buy a Sapphire 785Q you get a free quilter's set with it. I bought my machine in January and asked the lady if I should wait to buy it in hopes that there might be a special soon and she told me that they would only do a special for the lower model and not have any offers for the mod!el that I wanted. If I had know that if a waited a measly 2 months I would have been able to get the quilter's table with my machine I would have waited! I'm so bummed now. Too bad I can't take it back and rebuy it lol. Has this ever happened to anyone here before. It just really stinks that she told me it would never happen and then it does so soon after I get it.

Sales come & go - but do ya love her? That's what's important! Feel happy ya got her!