Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Very Honest Opinions Please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/very-honest-opinions-please-t24763.html)

MollieSue 08-29-2009 04:45 PM

Thank you, all of you!!! I just got home, been gone all day. AngelFood distribution this morning, then two grandsons birthday parties back to back. I'm going to read through all of these again tomorrow and play around. I'll post some pictures when I get a few more done, without the blues. :wink:
I've got to have this one done, plus my step-daughter's (not even started yet) by next Sunday. eeek. So it's been extra stress with this one, feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing with it, and running out of time.
You'll never know how much I appreciate all of your suggestions!! And encouragement!!
Thank you!!! :D :D

lyndawn 08-30-2009 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by ai731
Here's what I would do: I would not use the bright blue and light blue squares, but keep the rest - that way you'll end up with all "neutral" tones which will go really well together. I would alternate the "two squares" blocks with the "three squares" blocks to make a somewhat consistant pattern, but leave the colours random.

I think it will look great (very modern!) when it's finished and you should keep going!

Jan

I totally agree with Jan:) Other than those two colors I think it looks awesome!

Lynette

MollieSue 08-30-2009 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you!!! I am doing as you all suggested, and am feeling much better, much more confident about it!! And I took out all the blues! lol!!!!
Here's a current picture, I still have to play a lot more with placement, but I'm just trying to focus on cranking out the blocks now. They're only 7", and of course I still have to square them all up.
But I think (am hoping!!) it'll have that rich, more modern look, she likes when I'm done. I had orginally seen it in my head done in batiks, but would have been too pricey.
Thank you again, I truly appreciate all of your help!!!
:D

bebe 08-30-2009 09:59 AM

LOOKING GOOD!!!
GLAD TO HAVE BEEN OF SOME HELP :D

amma 08-30-2009 10:04 AM

That looks awesome!!! Very contemporary!!! She is going to love it!!!
I don't think I would do much with borders on it...maybe 1 smaller one and a different color for the binding...keeping it very simple...modern looking....and that should make it finish up quicker, too!!!

lyndawn 08-30-2009 10:38 AM

That looks Great!! She is going to love it! I love it:) The colors are blend together so well. You are doing a fantastic job!

Lynette

mamabird3 08-30-2009 10:54 AM

It is looking really good, I think she will love it!!

bearisgray 08-30-2009 11:14 AM

I like the "regularity" of the two square-three square arrangement - and the apparent "randomness" of the colors.

I'm one of those people that really can't do "true random" or "scrappy" though - I have to work at something that pleases me.

Eddie 08-30-2009 11:14 AM

I think your pattern looks great. In looking at the colors, that bright blue really jumps out, so I think I would lose that particular color. The rest of them look spot on, though, and will make a great looking quilt.

Eddie 08-30-2009 11:15 AM

Oops, I see you already lost the blues! Good choice!