Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A vicious cycle!!! Do you ever make more room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vicious-cycle-do-you-ever-make-more-room-t206796.html)

Daylesewblessed 11-24-2012 04:03 PM

I have a small problem with fabric, but a bigger one with fleece for Project Linus. It takes up so much space! We had our Make a Blanket Day last weekend, and I got rid of 50 prepped blankets. 15 more go out on Monday to the assisted living session. However, I bought a carload of fleece yesterday and again today at Joann's. There is no end to cycle.

ckcowl 11-24-2012 05:17 PM

you could always join the fabric moratorium for 2013--- and use up your stash instead of buying more all the time...it helps get that under control some & can be quite fun to use what you have---challenge you to be creative-instead of shopping.

vondae 11-24-2012 05:22 PM

Well Leesa, I think you are pretty normal. At least you are making quilts & not just buying fabric to decorate the walls. Now that you have that new LA you ought to be really productive . As long as you are enjoying your self, then I don't see a problem. And if that stash becomes a problem for you, you can pack up a BIG, BIG box & send it to me. Ha Ha. Keep smiling & stitch away.

lynnie 11-24-2012 06:16 PM

Youre in the best of company here

LoisM 11-24-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5676199)
All of my storage space is full of fabric. As I use it, I replace that space with tops. As I finish them, I replace them with quilts. When I sell a quilt or give it as a gift, I buy more fabric. Does anyone else have this problem? Please tell me I'm not alone. :p

It doesn't sound like a problem to me. :D You seem to have a pretty good system going for you.:thumbup:

Pat625 11-24-2012 08:13 PM

Most of my quilts end up claimed before I complete them! So of course I need to add to the stash for more!! I may actually go thru my stash soon, tho before I move, to eliminate packing and moving fabric I will never use..can just donate to a sewing group I guess. I also have lots of old quilting magaiznes someone gave me that I never look at that I may donate.All this will free up more space for FABRIC!!

Scissor Queen 11-24-2012 08:36 PM

My question is, make more room for what? I create. It's what I do. There's always going to be fabrics, threads, patterns, buttons, and all the equipment needed to use those supplies.

amyjo 11-24-2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5677023)
hehheheheeh! That may be my next excuse!

I think I have already used that one. I have the outside walls on the west side of the house (my front room) & in my little office the south side. doesn't seem to help tho.

sewellie 11-24-2012 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5676199)
All of my storage space is full of fabric. As I use it, I replace that space with tops. As I finish them, I replace them with quilts. When I sell a quilt or give it as a gift, I buy more fabric. Does anyoneelse have this problem? Please tell me I'm not alone. :p

I envy you my friend. My stash is in one place but thanks to you, I can afford to buy some occasionally.

sweetana3 11-25-2012 02:48 AM

I have reached saturation. At least I am finally able to get all the fabric on shelves and out of tote boxes. So I am hoping that now that i can see and touch and find the fabric, it will get used.

My clothes closet which is the width of the room is half full of quilts. Slowly, oh so slowly, I am finding good homes for them. I have 8 more coming from the LA and need to find more room.