Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Viking Sapphire 835 Machine--What, no take up lever? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/viking-sapphire-835-machine-what-no-take-up-lever-t120556.html)

Maia B 05-05-2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaQuilts1
Thank you! You're right. It's not a take up lever at all. LOL!!! But the good news is most of you knew what I meant so I got some great feedback. THANK YOU ALL!
I was wondering how a machine would sew without a thread -take up. But I also figured you meant the manual presser foot lift.

In the meantime, my Pfaff dealer called and quoted some pretty darn good prices on the Pfaff Expressions 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0. The only thing that worries me about the Pfaffs are they all have a dip where the bobbin goes and it's exactly in the path of the fabric......I'm thinking the seams may be prone to flip easily once they hit that dip. Yes-I've read many complaints about that "dip" flipping seams.

Thank you nice quilters! I really appreciate your help.

Mary

Maia B 05-05-2011 09:22 PM

Ack! I tried to quote and add comments in one post. Didn't work, looks like my comments became part of what I was quoting, sorry. Dunno how to fix that.

PaperPrincess 05-06-2011 04:38 AM

Another thing I love about my Vikings is that when you select the "needle down" option, and stop sewing, the presser foot lifts just a bit all by itself. So if you are chain piecing, you can easily feed the next piece or if you need to pivot, you're ready to go. My sister has a knee lift, but I don't need one!

Conniequilts 05-06-2011 04:48 AM

This has been a wonderful post! I was just recently looking at a Sapphire and now I have some specific things too look for and ask about when I go test driving!

Thank you!

ArizonaQuilts1 05-06-2011 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
This has been a wonderful post! I was just recently looking at a Sapphire and now I have some specific things too look for and ask about when I go test driving!

Thank you!

I agree Connie. It really helps to get opinions from the experts. I think you need to have the extension table with the Viking. I'm going to first try the machine without the table and if I need it, I will purchase one. There is a place in Oregon that sells them on line for a lot less than you can get them at other stores. This same Oregon company also sells the Viking even feed foot for half the normal price. But I am going to hold off before I buy the foot. The Viking's sensor control feature may be enough to keep the fabrics perfectly together. I'm used to the Pfaff IDT and am not sure I can live without that even feeding :)

Good luck in your search and do tell us what you decide on and why.

Thanks, Mary

stpatmom 05-10-2011 03:34 PM

Congratulations Mary! I'm so happy for you. I remember when I first got my Sapphire. I love her just as much today. Post pictures as soon as you get her set up!

ArizonaQuilts1 05-10-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by stpatmom
Congratulations Mary! I'm so happy for you. I remember when I first got my Sapphire. I love her just as much today. Post pictures as soon as you get her set up!

I sure will! I received a call from the dealer today telling me there will be a slight delay in delivery. Instead of getting it tomorrow, I won't get it for another week and a half. No worries, I will just hum along on my old Pfaff for a while. She still sews great, but her lights are dim (kinda like her mama).
Thanks!

topper1 02-05-2020 06:03 PM

My saffire 930 has menu screen where you can adjust pivot...raises foot up enough to move it around