Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Viking Sapphire Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/viking-sapphire-sewing-machine-t124714.html)

bobquilt3 05-21-2011 11:03 AM

Just came from the store where I bought this machine about 3 years ago. Really like the Sapphire and use it for piecing more than my Bernina. Was told that "because of Viking's declining quality" they had switched to Baby Lock machines. Has anyone heard this or did they just get a better deal with the Baby Lock people?

Kuusistoquilter 05-21-2011 11:08 AM

I would like to know because I have a sapphire 550 on layby at the Viking dealership. I have always used Vikings and my Scandinavia 200 doesn't have enough uumph to do mending on jeans. So am interested to hear from other Sapphire owners.

Sunny580 05-21-2011 11:19 AM

Some dealers make bad remarks about other machine brands. I always remark "Really, do you have proof of that?" Of course they never do. Remember when Viking and Pfaff were sold, it was gossiped that there wouldn't be anymore sold in the US. The truth is lots of dealers lost their contracts with Viking and Pfaff.

I would never hesitate to buy a Viking or Pfaff.

Sunflower Girl 05-21-2011 11:41 AM

I like my Viking 875Q. I did go into a Janome dealership and they "mean mouthed" Vikings. Some months later I bought a used Janome embroidery machine and took it to him to have cleaned, and he grumbled about it too. He just wanted to sell a new machine I think!

feffertim 05-21-2011 11:48 AM

I love my sapphire. DOn't believe what they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

JUNEC 05-21-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by bobquilt3
Just came from the store where I bought this machine about 3 years ago. Really like the Sapphire and use it for piecing more than my Bernina. Was told that "because of Viking's declining quality" they had switched to Baby Lock machines. Has anyone heard this or did they just get a better deal with the Baby Lock people?

Sounds to me like they decided to sell Babylock because of a deal -are you having a problem with your machine?

They probably want you to trade in your machine for a Babylock

katier825 05-21-2011 12:01 PM

I love my Sapphire too! I haven't heard of any decline in the quality of Viking.

michelehuston 05-21-2011 12:30 PM

I don't think I will ever buy anything but a Viking!! I have a Daisy that is my workhorse, a serger and a Designer 1. Am very happy with all three!!! I see no quality problems!! I just finally found a pt job so hopefully can make it into full time..I really want a Diamond!

hobbykat1955 05-21-2011 01:10 PM

Ditto I have the Lily 545 and Husq SE...and would buy nothing else but Viking...I think they are the only brand with a copywrite on the sensor foot

Maia B 05-21-2011 01:23 PM

I bought a brand ABC cabinet from a dealer a few years ago, they bad-mouthed brand XYZ, now they sell XYZ and bad mouth ABC. Just sayin'