Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Retreat - April Edition 4-19-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-retreat-april-edition-4-19-13-a-t218838.html)

Sapphire_Rae 04-19-2013 09:28 AM

Ok, i'm starting on this project, let the fun begin. Emma! I love those fabrics you chose, going to be fabulous! Can't wait to see some finished totes.

Belfrybat 04-19-2013 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Carolyn, I think this method of delivering the instructions is just fine. I'd never used Google docs before and so didn't know I had to download and couldn't just save. But going to "file" in the upper left corner, then to download, worked great.
Being a rebel, I decided not to do the crosshatching stitching, but used FMQ as I'm trying to teach myself loop de loops. Plus I felt the fabric I used leaned more towards circles than squares. I'm planning on making another and will use a different fabric and do the crosshatch pattern on it. Here's where I am at present:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408946[/ATTACH]

Now off to make the handles.

Ashjoy 04-19-2013 11:46 AM

Another fabulous project. I'm going to save it, but finish the ones I have started first.

CarolynMT 04-19-2013 11:49 AM

Belfry, am so glad you opted to go with loop-d-loops that fabric just screamed for it. If you have a babylock/brother sewing machine (for sure they have it) some of the others may have it too, but there is a serpentine stitch with loops in the middle of the s curves. That would look darling on the handles and match your quilting.

I did forget to write it in these instructions, but PLEASE never let instructions get in the way of your creativity! Enjoy!

Would love to see where everyone is right now :) cause I am a picture hound. I just got up from a nap and am about to run up to my sewing room and tinker with some diamond blocks for a quilt ;) since I already made a bag....lol, I suppose I can post some photos of them too

And yes I have every other friday off, thankfully! or I would not have been able to do this. I made a promise to you ladies so I did what needed to be done to fulfill that promise to the best of my abilities. Just the way I was raised. I think since my LA will be delivered early next month, I may just cheat and pick a free online project for us to do. One that has instructions already done :p we'll see. If you have ideas or something really neat that you think would be a great project, please PM me.

Belfrybat 04-19-2013 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Carolyn. I figured the worst that would happen is I'd be put in the corner with a dunce cap on my head. :)
My Janome does not have the stitch you mention, but it did have a serpentine with a small flower in it. Not sure it will show up here as I used matching thread, but it does show up in "real life". I'm taking a break and will try to figure out the zipper closure next.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408978[/ATTACH]

Sapphire_Rae 04-19-2013 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been sewing along this afternoon. Here is my bag so far. I have to admit, i skipped the feet (I did buy them). I have a hole puncher thingy, but can't find it at this moment.

CarolynMT 04-19-2013 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG! your bags look so adorable! I love them! Sapphire, If i did this bag a 2nd time I would skip the feet personally. The way I use this bag didnt require feet. So dont worry. We can always do another bag with feet....

Here is what I have been working on, since I dont need another bag :p

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408998[/ATTACH]

QuiltnMyra 04-19-2013 02:37 PM

Hello Retreat Pals, Saturday morning here. Just checked in to see what's going on. You ladies are doing so well and I love your fabric choices - all so different. Will put up a piccie of mine today - black/white/red.

That snow Dedemac!!! And the ruler - love it!

Carolyn, I think you are incredible. Again, thank you so much for all your hard work. Hope you had a restful night.

baywinds 04-19-2013 02:37 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I did open and save it as .pdf, so it is working for some of us. It was a little different looking, but it downloaded just like it should. Thank you so much.
Susan

sewincircles 04-19-2013 02:50 PM

I also would like instructions, but will be out of town for this.