Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Retreat - March Edition 3-22-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-retreat-march-edition-3-22-13-a-t216483.html)

Emma S 05-10-2013 10:18 AM

Yosamitesa: Your tabe topper turned out great. The progression really keeps the eye moving from one end to the other. Concrats!

Yosamitesa 05-16-2013 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another one I did using batiks. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413798[/ATTACH]

Dedemac 06-07-2013 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got around to getting this done. The weather is now to the point where my DH can go and play in his garage and I get to sew as much as I want. I made the strips at 1.5 inches because the wider ones just did not go well with the center. I should get it trimmed and sandwiched this weekend. I am going to use the fabric that is on the ends for the back if I have enough, for the binding also. I will do a simple SID for the quilting, need to figure what color for the thread, something light but not to light.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]417786[/ATTACH]

I am looking forward to our next train ride or retreat.

SewExtremeSeams 06-07-2013 05:56 PM

Dede, your table runner is beautiful. I love the tones of brown.

Dedemac 06-07-2013 07:07 PM

Thank you Linda

Emma S 06-08-2013 04:53 AM

DeDe: Love how your runner turned out. It has such clean lines, the simplicity is elegant in the extreme.

Yosamitesa 06-14-2013 06:49 AM

DeDe, that is stunning, sophicated and elegant. Lovely job!!!

Dedemac 06-27-2013 06:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Another project finally finished! I did enjoy this one, just bummed that could not finish it earlier.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421356[/ATTACH]

I learned more on machine quilting in straight lines, and binding a angle that is not 90 deg., getting better every day.
Here is the back so you can see better where I stitched.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421357[/ATTACH]

I think I will make one for myself next, just need to decide on the center.

QuiltnNan 07-12-2013 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by vickig626 (Post 5946770)
I have to say I'm pleased with how this ombre fabric worked. Made selecting fabrics so much easier (and faster).

I had a problem with the center square by not doubling checking my math before cutting strips but happy with the "mistake". The pinwheel center was supposed to be one big pinwheel but I had cut up all the pink fabric into 2" strips so didn't leave enough to make a bigger pinwheel. In hindsight, though, I wish I would have pieced a tiny maroon square into the dead-center of that block.

I think I'm going to add about a 3" border in the maroon and bind in the same color. Not sure what I'm going to put on the back yet.

At least I can say I'll bust about 2 yards of fabric from my stash when done.

this is beautiful... you used such great gradient colors and i love the pinwheel center

QuiltnNan 07-12-2013 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6146474)
Another project finally finished! I did enjoy this one, just bummed that could not finish it earlier.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421356[/ATTACH]

I learned more on machine quilting in straight lines, and binding a angle that is not 90 deg., getting better every day.
Here is the back so you can see better where I stitched.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421357[/ATTACH]

I think I will make one for myself next, just need to decide on the center.

very nicely done, too