Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Weekend--9/12 to 9/14 Edition (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-weekend-9-12-9-14-edition-t253545.html)

lynnie 09-12-2014 08:38 AM

Sewnoma, love your quilt so far.
Maniac love your placemats.
what a great idea.

tapper 09-12-2014 08:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have 5 blocks bordered with black Then I started looking through my fabrics. I played around and I have these 2 layouts...one is where I may sash with a white strip between the blocks, the other with green strips. Both would have scrappy cornerstones. What's your opinion? ..better with green or white? maybe just join the blocks as they are without sashings?? Or combine a strip of white and a strip of green for sashing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]491292[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]491293[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]491294[/ATTACH]

Raggiemom 09-12-2014 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
tapper, both the white and the green work. The white pops out more but I like the way the green blends with your blocks. You could always do half the blocks in white and half in green for more variety.

I'm glad there are several people joining me already. This morning I've been making 45 framed blocks for our guild's block exchange. In between that, I've done a couple loads of laundry and made a tuna fish salad. I'm taking an exercise break in a few minutes while I watch "Bold and the Beautiful". Then I'll head back upstairs to work on a couple Christmas presents. Sometime this afternoon I need to get stuff around to take to the Sew-In tomorrow. I pretty much know what I'm taking, I just need to get it together and put in car.

I'll check back in later to see how everyone is doing.

AllyStitches 09-12-2014 11:38 AM

Love seeing all the projects. What I don't love... The quilt on my rack!! I'm just not feeling inspired by it at all. I'm feeling the limitations of the short arm and rack, too. It's so wobbly that I can barely get a straight line, even with a ruler. So I'm taking a break. Taking Parker for a walk, and then I'm going to work on the D9P that I've had cut for myself for a couple of months. I still love those fabrics so that will put me in a better mood.

SewExtremeSeams 09-12-2014 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I have a load of dishes to get in the DW, laundry in the WM and some dried fruit to bag up for the freezer.... THEN, I can start cutting out quilty things for sewing. Can't wait to get to my machine. Here are the little mug rugs I finished this past week to raise money for missionary work. I am planning to make at least 10 more this weekend. My head is popping with all sorts of ideas. Better go get that DW loaded...

Raggiemom 09-12-2014 12:01 PM

SewExtraSeams, your mug rugs are beautiful.

quilt addict 09-12-2014 01:32 PM

I would like to join but I think it is going to be tooo hot to sew much. I don't have AC and it is supposed to be 100 this weekend. I am thinking of taking either my applique work or just cut some strips at the library which will be a cool zone.

Maniac - those are very nice place mats.
Sewnoma - look forward to seeing the borders. You've done a great job on the center.

tapper 09-12-2014 01:46 PM

I like to see what everyone is doing.....such lovely projects.
DH dropped into my sewing area and announced that he had to go into town to get something and wanted some company.
We stopped at the LQS and I checked for batting...need 2 lots for 2 full-size quilt tops.
They didn't have it last time I was there and it was the same story today.
They did have some high-loft batting but I don't want to use that because it's too difficult to quilt on my small domestic machine.
Tomorrow, I hope to get back at my scrappy blocks.

Rebecca_S 09-12-2014 02:09 PM

I'll be working on binding a lap quilt for a friend and sewing a bunch of storm-at-sea sashing pieces. Probably alternating as I go along.

QuiltingVagabond 09-12-2014 02:14 PM

No VQW for me, this is my weekend to work :( And I have 2 projects calling "Finish me, finish meeee" LOL