Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-weekend-has-begun-t231167.html)

Neesie 09-28-2013 01:22 PM

I'm having to take a break, to get pressure off of sciatic nerve (can't sit in sewing chair, for too long at a time). Am hoping to finish up the top, tomorrow. Almost the entire time I was sewing, I was trying to decide what to do next. :p

Neesie 09-28-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia_PA (Post 6318932)
Here are the two tops I am working on. I need to trim, make the binding and bind. I had the blocks for the brother's quilt done last year but not sewn together until I got the idea a couple of weeks ago to make the him and her quilts for their 60th wedding anniversary. The backs are flannel--pink cheetah on my sister-in-law's and plaids on my brother-in-law's. These are my first log cabins, and the next time I would use strips not as wide.

Pretty!!! I especially like the second one! :thumbup:

linda faye 09-28-2013 01:27 PM

I am making the very last blocks of two BOM projects that I have been doing this year through Craftsy. This weekend they will be done....one more to finish.

mdall 09-28-2013 02:18 PM

Oh, did I eat to much. Dinner is done, kitchen cleaned back up, watched some TV with the kids now onto that scrappy while DH watches his football. Anyone with any tips for scrappies like blocks that look great let me know. Thinking of a scrappy sampler will see how it goes. So excited about these new templates.

Dedemac 09-28-2013 02:28 PM

Just checking in, haven't been at the machine much today, some how I ended up having to paint shutters? DH is in a get the house spruced up and I did tell him I would paint them a few weeks ago. But after dinner it is my time to sew. Have chilli on the stove and a apple pie, fresh picked apples in the oven. I did get some HST done and pressed and squared the black fabric I got yesterday. So will work on the green quilt tonight.

Great pictures everyone!!! Love the blues Nessie, I'll take the piece when you're finished.:D

Happy sewing everyone.

Plumtree 09-28-2013 02:35 PM

I have all my blocks made and ready to be sewn in to rows. I am really happy with how it's coming along but now I have to go make dinner. French Dips, fries and some corn on cob. I will have to make something chocolatey as a reward for being productive today ;-)

Raggiemom 09-28-2013 03:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm done for the evening. I'm glad we were doing this today, I didn't really want to work on quilts this afternoon but forced myself since it was my idea to have a Virtual Quilting Weekend! Once I got started though, I got into it :) I have the blocks ready to sew into rows for the Toy Story quilt. The pieces are ready to assemble the blocks for the Irish Chain quilt. So now I know what I'll be doing after church and lunch tomorrow.

Good work, ladies. I'm really enjoying seeing all the pictures and reading about what everyone is working on.

mdall 09-28-2013 03:38 PM

Scrappy sampler has come a dead standstill, was sitting here looking through things and remembered that my quild is doing a scrappy for charity. Guess thats mean I need to come up with another idea. Good thing I remembered or I would have been in it at the next meeting. LOL Maybe a red, black, and white dresden or should I use some of the other new rulers I have received as gifts. I am gonna go childish and play iny meeney miney moe.

Pat625 09-28-2013 03:42 PM

Wasted day for me, but I did get out of the house for the first time in 5 weeks since the 6 grandkids were left with me. No sewing done, but I did get the fabric to make a tote for my granddaughters violin accessories and music. Also found great fabric for purse for my DD. Tomorrow have to create a tiny workspace, since grandkids are living in my sewing room!! I need the sewing for my sanity!!

Neesie 09-28-2013 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6319018)
Just checking in, haven't been at the machine much today, some how I ended up having to paint shutters? DH is in a get the house spruced up and I did tell him I would paint them a few weeks ago. But after dinner it is my time to sew. Have chilli on the stove and a apple pie, fresh picked apples in the oven. I did get some HST done and pressed and squared the black fabric I got yesterday. So will work on the green quilt tonight.

Great pictures everyone!!! Love the blues Nessie, I'll take the piece when you're finished.:D

Happy sewing everyone.

Thanks! All but the lightest piece came from Hobby Lobby. The lightest came from Thousands of Bolts; I think it's called Elephant Parade(?).

Seeing everyone's WIPs makes me want to start another . . . and another! So many pretty colors and patterns!!! I'm trying to do relatively quick quilts, for Christmas gifts. Why I didn't start in earnest sooner, is beyond my understanding. :p