Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend%97december-17-19-2022-a-t317088.html)

rryder 12-19-2021 02:07 PM

Hey all,
I didn't manage to do any quilting yesterday, but we had a fun in person visit with DS and family, so I don't mind :). This morning I got a little bit of quilting done on my September color block quilt, but at 1:30 had a video call with some old friends who live on the other side of the continent and we laughed and carried on until nearly 4 pm. I'm contemplating doing a little more quilting before dinner, but also thinking it might be nice to catch a quick nap LOL. Anyway, I've enjoyed catching up with what everyone is working on and looking forward to the New Year's VQW!

Happy quilting,
Rob

tallchick 12-19-2021 02:24 PM

I got half of my 12 blocks done, which is better than none! I loved seeing everyones progress and projects and I am looking forward to the New Years VQW.

Raggiemom 12-19-2021 04:04 PM

Well, so glad you were all able to join me this weekend.

railroadersbrat--I did sign up for the decluttering challenge; we'll see how well the application of it goes!

sewingitalltogether--ornaments quilt is a stunner

thimblebug6000--cute monkeys!

cjsews--sometimes a rest is what you need to perk up your energy and creativity

gemm--good luck with your organization. I did pull out all my stuff which is all over my sewing room currently. I have made progress though and hope to finish before Christmas. It's just my husband and I, plus the cats for Christmas so not a big deal if it doesn't get done. Other than it's keeping me from working on anything because I can't get to the sewing machine! I did finish two quilt tops this weekend. See you all New Year's weekend :)

Quiltah Mama 12-19-2021 04:13 PM

I got all the blocks printed and sized for the quilt for my parents. Now I'm ready to lay it out and start sewing.
I also made a cover for my cricut cutting machine this morning.
Thank you Heather for hosting. So looking forward to the end of the month to the next VQW. I plan to send my sewing machine to the spa, bit I will have to schedule it for after VQW.
​​Merry Christmas everyone🎄

Gemm 12-19-2021 04:45 PM

I think I will have to look forward to the next VQW as well - got lots done around the house, especially with getting ready for Christmas, but no real progress to speak of with my fabric organization goals. Congratulations to all of you who made dents in your lists!

LifeLovePassion 12-19-2021 04:47 PM

No sewing was accomplished this weekend. But I did get my new-to-me accuquilt today. The short version...it was pony-expressed to me through relatives. I found it on FB marketplace in a town near a cousin and was able to arrange it so I could buy it. Super excited to try it out.

jmoore 12-19-2021 05:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished my son’s tshirt quilt and popped it into the mail to California. Spent the afternoon cleaning and organizing my sewing studio.

Rff1010 12-19-2021 07:07 PM

Got a little sewing (4 more stars) got 2 quilts basted and (non quilting) some presents wrapped. A pretty good job.

WMUTeach 12-20-2021 04:19 AM

I did not get my Alcott Civil Wart quilt top finished as planned. :( But I did get two of the final three blocks finished and my sewing room neatened up. The third block is rather fussy and I will need to be careful of color placement and some mathematical calculation. Guess that is why this block is left for last. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!!! I have a sewing Zoom tomorrow with some friends and will press on toward finishing the top. Last Block today, Add the sashing tomorrow and perhaps cutting the setting triangles.

Merry Christmas to all and I hope to see everyone in the new year.

QuiltMom2 12-20-2021 05:00 AM

I got distracted by some leftover QOV red/white/blue prints and I did a lot of cutting and machine appliqued some stars on 5 1/2" blocks. I tend to have a lot of works in progress, then comes the marvelous day (or week!) when they are all nearing completion and everyone thinks I know what I'm doing!