Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend--10/6-10/9/17 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-10-6-10-9-17-a-t291680.html)

sewbizgirl 10-08-2017 10:29 AM

So close, Battle Axe... going to be so lovely.

sewbizgirl 10-08-2017 10:31 AM

I'm stalled out on the T shirt quilt I was making, because I'm waiting to hear back from the owner on what she wants done with a couple of the shirts. So... I guess I'll go bind my friendship quilt.

qltnmom 10-08-2017 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got. Start on my 2017 temperature quilt today. Here are the first 12 weeks.

Battle Axe 10-08-2017 12:13 PM

Wow I like that temperature quilt. How big will it be? Refresh my memory. Each square is one day or one reading. If each row is 21 squares, so now I get it 3 x 4 is 12 weeks. That much is 3 months. I guess I'm still confused. How will you get it big enough to make a bed quilt?

Marcia

ube quilting 10-08-2017 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone is doing such great projects this weekend. I have a project on my design board for Rhondas Wall Hanging Swap. It has to be done by the end of the month. The sandwich, embroidering the legs, quilting and binding are waiting till next weekend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581944[/ATTACH]

peace

qltnmom 10-08-2017 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 7921622)
Wow I like that temperature quilt. How big will it be? Refresh my memory. Each square is one day or one reading. If each row is 21 squares, so now I get it 3 x 4 is 12 weeks. That much is 3 months. I guess I'm still confused. How will you get it big enough to make a bed quilt?

Marcia

It won't be a bed quilt. Each square is 1.5. Inches I'm going to pair it with the temps from 1950 for comparison in a wall quilt. Here's what 1950 looked like.

rryder 10-08-2017 01:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the high and low temperature columns for the first 6 days of October stitched together for my 2017 temperature quilt. That's the two columns of HSTs on the upper right in the pic of my temperature quilt in the first photo.

Pulled out a UFO and cut it up to make a convergence quilt (photo 2)--not sure I like it, but it's ready to sandwich and quilt and will be off my UFO pile YIPPEE!

Oh and also got all the pieces on the art quilt tacked down with my sewing machine. Definitely needs to have more added to it. Maybe tomorrow....

Rob

Dedemac 10-08-2017 02:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I made it!!!
With a few hours to spare since we are not going over until after dinner to see the boys.
I figured that Noah needed a pillow case to go with his new quilt. So that will be the wrapping paper the quilt is going to be presented in.
Now on to my DSIL's birthday quilt, his is part way done already.

Here's pictures of the front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581952[/ATTACH]

The back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581954[/ATTACH]

And the pillow case.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581956[/ATTACH]

Thanks for a fun VQW I have been logging on to see what every one has been doing but just not posting.
Hope those in Canada had a great holiday and loved seeing all the projects.

Sync 10-08-2017 03:10 PM

ube quilting, that is going to be a cute wall hanging.

qltnmom, your temperature quilt is coming along nicely.

Rob, I like your idea of using hst for your temperature quilt. Looks like it will make a nice size quilt.

Dedemac, congrats on your finish, looks great.

Battle Axe 10-08-2017 03:12 PM

How many times can you sew something and get it backwards and have to take it out? I'm going to post a picture of my sewing machine, my TV without the ball game on it and my seam ripper. It has a huge fat handle and does not cramp my hand like the old one.