Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-12-18-12-20-15-a-t273427.html)

Snooze2978 12-18-2015 09:45 AM

Well, today thru the weekend I'll be finishing up a wool skirt, hopefully starting to sew on a wool jumper I've had cut out for a week, finishing curtains for 10 windows I started 2 months ago but have yet to finish and so close too. Also putting a quilt onto the frame to get started quilting. Just finished the quilting layout and tweaking the patterns to fit. Had to make some adjustments. Got the quilt top all marked and ready to go. Then there is trying to work/finish a pillow and bag for a little 18 month old boy to give in the new year. Using up scraps from his quilt he received last year. Found more than I thought I had on hand plus a couple orphan blocks so incorporating them into the pillow. Think I've got myself busy for the next 3 days.

quilting cat 12-18-2015 09:46 AM

I've been trying to sew some each day. Only a few tote bags to finish for the soup kitchen, out of salvaged upholstery samples; and trying to finish a fabric angel for the door of our temporary apartment, but her dress got packed somewhere other than with the rest if her so she needs a patchwork gown. DH knows his annual flannel nightshirt will have to wait until after the move.

giquilt 12-18-2015 10:16 AM

Julie R: this is so beautiful. What a special gift!!!

giquilt 12-18-2015 10:18 AM

I have finished all my Christmas gifts, but have some odds and ends I want to do. Sylvia is calling too! (Sylvia's Bridal Quilt). May start a new quilt that is a graduation gift. Fun to know I am not alone quilting.

Dedemac 12-18-2015 11:09 AM

About to leave work to start sewing, will post pictures latter today of my progress.

ManiacQuilter2 12-18-2015 12:58 PM

i am making a few thread catchers for my neighbors. I don't cook so I bought some nice small candies to put in the catchers.

geevee 12-18-2015 01:19 PM

I have a fleece and cotton blanket (that will be tack-tied and bound) and a pair of flannel pajama pants to make, will be working on them this weekend so will join in with everyone.

donac 12-18-2015 01:52 PM

I do have a table runner to make for my sister for her Christmas present. We do have to finish the shopping (my ds has not given us a list yet) but dh loves to shop so that is what he will be doing on Sunday. I have to go help my sister clean my mother's house tomorrow so the runner will have to wait until Sunday. Maybe tonight I can do some hand quilting on my niece's wedding quilt. I was going to try to finish is it to give it to her on Christmas Eve but she and her new husband will not be there this year. I also have to finish a pair of finger gloves that turn into mittens for my dh for Christmas. I spent this morning grocery shopping and some of this afternoon making cookie dough.

Raggiemom 12-18-2015 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I spent the day working on. It's so much fun to see what everyone else is doing too.

Dedemac 12-18-2015 04:14 PM

Well no pictures tonight, learned my lesson about not checking to make sure things didn't change. Seam allowances are off so tonight I have some frog stitching, time to rip it.