Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15

Are you realizing Christmas is only next week and your gifts aren't done yet? Maybe you have some UFOs you would like to cross off your list before the end of the year. Or perhaps you just want to make something for yourself! Whatever your project is, we would love to have you join us for the Virtual Quilting Weekend. We will be here all weekend working on our own projects and we love to see what others are working on and to share pictures.

For those new to the idea, since the Board is spread out across the world, once a month (generally!), we "gather together" on this thread and share what we're working on. Many people come away with new ideas (because we never have enough already!) and with much accomplished over the weekend. Come and go as fits your schedule. If you have any questions, just ask.

And cleaning your quilting room is a project!
    Heather

Hi Heather! I will be joining you on Friday and Sunday, but we have a family gathering Saturday so no sewing that day. I will be working on Clue 4 of the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt - clues 1-3 are already finished.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

in the land of fruits, nuts, flakes & quakes!
    What a great idea! I might join in and share what I'm working on this weekend. I've got a tumbler quilt cut out and have been trying to find time to sit down and start sewing on it. Also, I recently purchased a pretty decorative iron rack and I'd like to make a small decorative red/white quilt block for a little holiday cheer in my quilting room.

I'm looking forward to the weekend!
    ~melrose~
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much fabric.

I'm happy to say that both of my Christmas quilts are en route to their intended recipients. However, I have a lot of small scraps and small batting scraps, so I will be busy stuffing dog beds while the kennel has their "shelter supply drive". That will help me clean up my quilt room

I wish I could. I had foot surgery today and can't drive or sew for 5 days. I went to the library yesterday and stocked up on my reading material to keep me entertained since I can't do anything.

I will be in and out this weekend. I am working on a floral Irish Chain quilt and am also doing the Bonnie Hunter Allietare Mystery quilt---and clue #4 comes out tomorrow morning. But have a few other things to work around, but will be participating!!
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

I'm in and excited to join in for the first time I found several cute mug rug patterns on the web that I want to try.

I'd love to...I have a few mini project to get completed. My hubby has been gone since Dec. 5th and will return on Friday, so maybe he will need some sleep! Haha I'm planning on what he can do, so I can complete my projects!
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

One of my recipients received her quilt. It is cross-stitched by hand and quilted by hand. She is a breast cancer survivor and my husband and I are amazed by her strength and courage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm in, need to get this finished by Sunday. Has to be in the mail on Monday.

Name:  1450411177884-535966005.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  812.8 KB

Going out of town for the weekend, but I will have my laptop and will check in with y'all to see your progress.

My only "not done" Christmas gift is a sweater I'm knitting for my son... I will be taking it with me and knitting on it all I can while away. I have one full sleeve and half a sleeve yet to knit.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm in. I worked really hard to finish sorting the majority of the scraps that have been donated to me over the past year or so because I didn't want to be cleaning my sewing area for the third VQW month. Lol!

With that said, I will, however, need to clean off part of my craft tables so I have room to work on the following:

My son and future DIL's Dresden Plate quilt

UFO baby quilt tops that were donated to a charity. I need to add borders to make them larger; sandwich; pillowcase turn; and top stitch. Then I can pass them on to another volunteer to tie.

Finish my star quilt top that has been hanging on my design wall for WAY TOO LONG! Lol!

I always enjoy seeing/hearing what other people are working on during these weekends.

Connie

Blog Entries
    Will join after shopping Saturday. Must start to put a quilt together hope this weekend gets me going. I've lost mojo somewhere. If you find it please tell it to go home.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Wow--lots of people joining me already! I'm working on a Dresden plate quilt (Jackie Kunkel crafts class). A friend and I are doing the class together so am headed to her house for a day of quilting. We have a second project ready to go in case we get tired of working on that one. Will check back in later.

i will be quilting all weekend. i am making pillow beds for my 3 grand nieces and my 1 grand nephew.
    they can lay on them and watch tv they are kinda fun to make i have one done and three to go.

OMG I have a lap quilt to finish hand sewing on the binding, a lap size quilt to quilt and 18" doll clothes to finish sewing.....I guess I will be busy this weekend. Pictures will be posted later. LOL

Here is what I am working on--a floral Irish chain. I made it once before and loved it. I have 40 blocks made, just 9 more to go! Surely I can get those done this weekend. But the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt clue #4 that came out today looks really hard, and need to start on that too!!

Name:  P1120160.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  671.5 KB

Dedemac, I have made a quilt with that pattern from scrappy batiks, and loved it. Yours will be great!
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

Picket Fences

Since the size of where the runner is going is no where near the size of the pattern, I had to do some re-figuring. The squares were fairly simple to resize, just getting my accurate 1/4 really matters on this one. I think I have the setting triangles figured out. The side table is about 56 by 18 and my runner should end up 53 by 16.5, I guess you could almost call it a table cover she also has a large dining table and it could be used there. Here is what is suppose to look like.
    Name:  Picket Fences1.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  138.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
    Here is what I am working on--a floral Irish chain. I made it once before and loved it. I have 40 blocks made, just 9 more to go! Surely I can get those done this weekend. But the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt clue #4 that came out today looks really hard, and need to start on that too!!

Name:  P1120160.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  671.5 KB

Dedemac, I have made a quilt with that pattern from scrappy batiks, and loved it. Yours will be great!
    Jeanne yours is gorgeous!! and thanks for the encouragement, still a learner here with the quilting. Think I should have gotten the easy angle for all the small triangles, the cutoffs are to small for me to use, such a waste. Any one want postage stamp pieces??

Jeanne, that is going to be stunning!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Well, today thru the weekend I'll be finishing up a wool skirt, hopefully starting to sew on a wool jumper I've had cut out for a week, finishing curtains for 10 windows I started 2 months ago but have yet to finish and so close too. Also putting a quilt onto the frame to get started quilting. Just finished the quilting layout and tweaking the patterns to fit. Had to make some adjustments. Got the quilt top all marked and ready to go. Then there is trying to work/finish a pillow and bag for a little 18 month old boy to give in the new year. Using up scraps from his quilt he received last year. Found more than I thought I had on hand plus a couple orphan blocks so incorporating them into the pillow. Think I've got myself busy for the next 3 days.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

I've been trying to sew some each day. Only a few tote bags to finish for the soup kitchen, out of salvaged upholstery samples; and trying to finish a fabric angel for the door of our temporary apartment, but her dress got packed somewhere other than with the rest if her so she needs a patchwork gown. DH knows his annual flannel nightshirt will have to wait until after the move.
    Retired math teacher --
    I CAN FIGURE IT OUT!

Blog Entries
    Julie R: this is so beautiful. What a special gift!!!
    I am following my retirement plan, I Quilt.

Blog Entries
    I have finished all my Christmas gifts, but have some odds and ends I want to do. Sylvia is calling too! (Sylvia's Bridal Quilt). May start a new quilt that is a graduation gift. Fun to know I am not alone quilting.

About to leave work to start sewing, will post pictures latter today of my progress.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast