Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - April 15-April 17, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-april-15-april-17-2016-a-t277764.html)

Raggiemom 04-15-2016 04:06 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend - April 15-April 17, 2016

Welcome to the spring VQW. Now that your income taxes are done and filed(Americans!), it's time to relax and quilt. Pull out one of those UFOs that have been taunting you (mine do this all the time :( ) or maybe you're in the mood to start something new. Perhaps your room needs organizing (mine always does!) or you've received your tax refund and want to support a LQS with it. Whatever quilty you're doing this weekend, please join us and let us know what you're up to. For myself, I have several WIPs and I plan to work on a couple of those. Our guild is having a sew-in tomorrow so will join about twenty other ladies Saturday and start a new project, baby quilt for my new grand niece/nephew due around Labor Day. Can't wait to see what everyone is doing this weekend! :)

DebraK 04-15-2016 05:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This ufo has been taunting me for awhile, and there are three more lined up, with backings and bindings at the ready, to take their turn on the rack next. I'll probably finish quilting this one today and get another one loaded to start tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547825[/ATTACH]

meanwhile, here's what's happening on the design wall. The string bin has also been taunting me something terrible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547826[/ATTACH]

and a little project that needs binding

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547827[/ATTACH]

happylab 04-15-2016 06:16 AM

Good morning everyone!! :sew: Tea is on and I'm ready to start my projects. the 1st project today is working on my WIP AR Crossroads scrappy quilt. Make 40 blocks for my king size bed. Have to mark them 1st. Second I plan to finish a small snowman WH, UFO. If I have time I will put on borders for another doggie throw quilt. That should keep me busy this AM. Happy sewing everyone. Lurk in later today. :wave:

happylab 04-15-2016 06:18 AM

Oh Debra K. what lovey, bright, pretty quilt tops. Looking forward to seeing then quilted.

Macybaby 04-15-2016 06:21 AM

I'll play! I have to work until noon, and then I am free until Monday morning. DH and I moved the LA back in January, and I finally got to using it again this week. I think I should spend quite a bit of time with it, I've got 7-8 tops waiting to be quilted, including one for my bed. I need to get caught up on my "365 block" group too, and I should put some time in on some of the UFOs, though I made good progress on one last weekend.

OhCanada 04-15-2016 06:21 AM

Hello all. I have a wall quilt and coordinating table runner that need quilting. I'm committed to a horseback riding outing on Sunday and a pool side party Saturday ... but hopefully I can get at least one of them quilted.

DOTTYMO 04-15-2016 06:24 AM

Ive a pile of cut stripes for a Bargello which need joining together in sets will try to do them after shopping and church Saturday and Sunday.

ManiacQuilter2 04-15-2016 06:31 AM

I am STILL working on my taxes but then I hope to have the blocks done using this pattern and fabrics:
http://www.robertkaufman.com/quiltin...eeking_points/
The fabrics are much brighter and bolder than the posted photo. Very outside my comfort quilting skills.

ontheriver 04-15-2016 06:50 AM

I am going to get started on my fancy forest pattern I just received.

Sheilz 04-15-2016 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK (Post 7523943)
This ufo has been taunting me for awhile, and there are three more lined up, with backings and bindings at the ready, to take their turn on the rack next. I'll probably finish quilting this one today and get another one loaded to start tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547825[/ATTACH]

meanwhile, here's what's happening on the design wall. The string bin has also been taunting me something terrible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547826[/ATTACH]

and a little project that needs binding

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547827[/ATTACH]

These look fantastic. Wish I had the patience for these kind of patterns. Look forward to seeing the finished items .