Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- April 17-19 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-april-17-19-a-t264115.html)

lynnie 04-17-2015 11:24 AM

some nice work already.i'll pop in if the weather isns t nice.

works4me 04-17-2015 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just now finished the top for the April Aurifil mini. I want to finish it this weekend. I was determined my theme would be April showers and the design worked with my already chosen fabrics.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517191[/ATTACH]
Sorry it is slightly fuzzy. Trying to take a photo around two inquisitive felines seems to be getting harder every day.

I have some fabric ice dyeing in the kitchen sink and I hope to also get a tote made this weekend. So, for me, great weekend to have a virtual quilting weekend.

I'm seeing some great projects being shown off so far.

geevee 04-17-2015 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love everyone's projects so far. I just finished the blocks for this patchwork in a lattice/trellis/argyle/whoknows summer quilt, it'll have a flannel backing, no batting and SITD. I'll probably do three borders to attain the size I need (queen) but will wait to see once they're all sewn together:

Doggramma 04-17-2015 01:59 PM

I have one quilt that needs a binding, and I need to add a couple more jelly roll strips to my "Target" quilt. There's a new neighbor baby too....

PenniF 04-17-2015 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 7167686)
Yep, I'm in! Working on hand stitching the binding to the back side of my Jane Stickle quilt and doing more machine work on the Hunter's Star! Lovely spring weather in the PNW, so will take many fresh air breaks!
Please enjoy whatever you do today!

OH WOW....a DJ.???? Have you posted a picture of it yet... I'd LOVE to see it. And your Hunger's star is a beauty !

SO many pretty things showing up already !!

Kitsie 04-17-2015 02:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yes, Penni, I've posted many pictures of her! Took about a year off, but its been a journey in which every day (almost!) brings a new challenge! Many of my pictures were posted, but here are a couple. A few weeks should bring a post with a picture of the finished "lady"! Will be a very bitter-sweet day but at least "she" will be just 6 feet away from my recliner!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517221[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517222[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 7168029)
OH WOW....a DJ.???? Have you posted a picture of it yet... I'd LOVE to see it. And your Hunger's star is a beauty !

SO many pretty things showing up already !!

thimblebug6000 04-17-2015 03:05 PM

Lovely work every, Kitsie your quilts are exquisite!

donac 04-17-2015 05:09 PM

I just started my DJ in February. I hope mine is as lovely as yours.

pjaco 04-18-2015 02:58 AM

I love it!

Raggiemom 04-18-2015 03:51 AM

Love the quilts that have been pictured. The Hunter's Star is very pretty. I worked on two different quilts yesterday, the quilting is finished. Just need to do the binding which will hopefully be tomorrow afternoon. Today I'm headed to a Sew In sponsored by our guild so I have a bag full of projects to work on. So I won't be checking back in until late this afternoon. Hope everyone has a wonderful productive day and all the sewing machines work flawlessly :)