Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- April 17-19 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-april-17-19-a-t264115.html)

Aurora 04-19-2015 02:11 AM

I will be sewing all weekend. I will be finishing up projects for Swaps. Finished my Pincushion yesterday. Today I will work on my Needlecase and a block to go to our Homemakers' Annual Meeting for a silent auction. Have to work on DQ Swap and a Whatcamacallit Swap.

Snooze2978 04-19-2015 05:39 AM

Well, at night I'm hand sewing binding onto the back of 2 lap quilts just off the frame and have the next 2 tops on the frame getting quilted. Its been storming over here this week and I don't care to have my machine on when its doing that but its only raining today so its a go for me. Got to get these 4 lap quilts finished by the end of May to give/send to the recipients. Then onto the next quilt top in line for quilting. Been procrastinating this entire winter and now I'm on a time scrunch. I find I can work more effiently when I'm pushed.

On these lap quilts I'm using 2 colors of threads alternating so lots of thread changes. Having 2 on the frame though I can do one color for both quilts before changing to the other color, then advance the quilt, do the 2nd color before changing to the 1st color again so its going fairly smoothly. I counted how many patterns for each top and its 51 separate patterns. Yes, they're being custom quilted, I seem to like that best.

oklahomamom2 04-19-2015 06:23 AM

Still working hand stitching the boarder for my cousins quilt, it is going along better then I thought I am on the last boarder as we speak so I can take it to a lady that is going to sew the boarder on. I will post an updated picture when it is finished.

lynnie 04-19-2015 08:36 AM

the colors in the bargello are beautiful

tammydquilts 04-19-2015 09:21 AM

I love the penguin quilt. Took cute and great job!!!

Taughtby Grandma 04-19-2015 09:46 AM

Working on mt first triple irish chain. It's going along pretty well, now that I've got it all cut out.

DottyD 04-19-2015 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 7168974)
The penguin quilt is finished and put away now until next winter.... it's a gorgeous sunny day here so had a lovely walk, now going to see Pinocchio at the local Arts Theatre.... all the home schooled students are putting the performance on. [ATTACH=CONFIG]517302[/ATTACH]

Stunning thimblebug I love it - was it from fatcat patterns ? I think I saw it there !

SherriB 04-19-2015 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter (Post 7168495)
Now don't laugh......I am going to make a quilted toilet seat cover.....

I didn't laugh but I did smile. :thumbup: I think that is a brilliant idea to make one. I have thought many times that I might make a patchwork shower curtain. And a matching quilted toilet seat would be the perfect finishing touch.

thimblebug6000 04-19-2015 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by DottyD (Post 7169931)
Stunning thimblebug I love it - was it from fatcat patterns ? I think I saw it there !

yes it was from fatcatpatterns.com as a BOM

retiredteacher09 04-19-2015 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops! I thought VQ was next weekend! Lol!

I completed my HST Challenge block today. I'm also cleaning/rearranging my two sewing areas again. I'm trying to get that 'right-fit' feeling. I think it will work now.

Connie