Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-aug-30-sept-1-2019-a-t306604.html)

Irishrose2 08-29-2019 06:43 PM

I will be FMQ a sunflower quilt that needs to be done by the 13th. I lost time quilting time this week - two long stretches without power. It's amazing how much we use electricity. Two pair of pants to hem for a friend. Blocks to make for my Arkansas Crossroads if I get bored FMQ.

Cheshirepat 08-29-2019 07:07 PM

Thanks, donac! I swear I sewed this quilt twice due to 'somehow' inverting rows and blocks, heh. There are so many fun hst quilt patterns, for sure!

zozee 08-30-2019 12:21 AM

I’m in! Working on a jelly roll donation quilt for a teen.

sewbizgirl 08-30-2019 01:31 AM

Welcome, armybandvet! What instrument do you play? Thank you for your service!

sewbizgirl 08-30-2019 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8295484)

sewbiz....hoping you feel better soon!

Thanks, Teen. Hoping the antibiotics start to work soon.

copycat 08-30-2019 01:40 AM

I'll be adding borders to a quilt as you go style quilt. After finishing the quilt with the thin strips that join the blocks, I decided the quilt needed borders. The borders will be creme with quilted cherry designs. Last, but not least is the binding strips to cut out and join. I may need help choosing a binding color. Stay tuned.

Battle Axe 08-30-2019 02:33 AM

I've picked out 3 tops that need a good pressing so that I can put them in an auction.

I haven't used the long arm in 18 months. I think I need to sell it.

armybandvet 08-30-2019 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8295545)
Welcome, armybandvet! What instrument do you play? Thank you for your service!

Thank you and Teen! I played the flute and saxophone.

rryder 08-30-2019 03:12 AM

I’m in. Will work on the UFO on my design wall. Still trying to decide if I want to make it bigger, or just quilt it and call it done. I’ve also got an art quilt that I want to work on- it got put on hold while we worked on decluttering during the summer. It needs to have some more coloring in with inktense pencils and some additional quilting. I also need to make pool noodle storage bags for a couple of quilts.

This past spring I bought a “slow stitch” kit to see if I would enjoy the process. It’s of a magnolia flower and it came with a selection of fabric snippets, embroidery floss, pattern and instructions. I worked on it for a couple of hours yesterday. My first impression: they weren’t kidding when they called it “slow”. Not really quilting, but I may want to use the technique in some of my art quilts down the road.

Rob

ka9sdn 08-30-2019 04:01 AM

Well I will spend a lot of this weekend cleaning my sewing studio! I will start it today and hope to have it done Monday! If I get done early have some cutting out to do!