Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Old 08-29-2019, 10:17 AM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Well, it's a holiday weekend in the US so must be Virtual Quilting Weekend! I hope many of you will be able to join me in the sewing room this weekend. Pop in and out as works for your schedule. I am getting an early start this afternoon and will be adding borders to a couple quilt tops and making binding. I have a couple quilts sandwiched I would like to get done and finish a couple table runners. I am actually all caught up on BOM and BOW which is nice. Of course new clues come out tomorrow for two of them!

So what are you working on this weekend?

Next VQW is October 4-6.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:25 AM

Thanks for hosting another VQW, Heather. I'm in! I'm working on my second barnyard quilt. Both of my toddler girls wanted one. All the blocks are done and I'm sewing up the garden-maze style sashing. I've never made two quilts from the same pattern back to back before, so I'm getting pretty keen to be done here!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616800[/ATTACH]

I would love to finish all the sashing and cornerstones this weekend, but we will see. My second baby girl is turning two years old on Sunday (can you imagine! Already!!) and we will be having some lovely family time with Nanna and Grandpa visiting.
Attached Thumbnails img_20190828_112155530.jpg  
Old 08-29-2019, 11:36 AM

Well hello virtual quilters. I have a couple of projects to work on this weekend, I'm trying to finally get my postcard quilt together. I've laid it out and am building the columns now, then I'll figure out how wide the border will be and get that cut and put on. And then I'll have to piece the back. If I get all that done this weekend I'll be ahead of schedule and very proud of myself. I'd probably be satisfied with just getting the columns together and the borders cut but I can dream big on this side of the weekend. Not sure if hubby's work is closed on Monday or not, as far as I know he is going in on Saturday. How much he is around impacts my schedule but I don't get to see enough of him during the busy season. Then too much during the slow season!

Otherwise I have my Here Kitty Kitty donation quilt quilted down and have it to take to my Tuesday group for handwork. After that I have another top to quilt down, am going to use the serpentine stitch for the first time.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:46 AM

Great timing. College football has started. That will keep my DH occupied while I sew. May even go to my sisters to sew with her awhile. I pulled out fabrics cut and handed down from my aunt. Lots of strips cut for log cabin blocks
Old 08-29-2019, 11:52 AM

I'd like to join in with my first every VQW! I'll be working on the borders of this quilt. All the quilting is being done on my DSM and I have the maroon, and the two green borders to go, plus binding to get this one done. Now if I can just decide what I want to do....
Attached Thumbnails img_20190826_140028503.jpg  
Old 08-29-2019, 11:59 AM

Would love to join in but only getting my sewing room back after 8 years of my daughter and 3 daughters living with us and I gave up my sewing room for a bedroom. They have bought a lovely place very close to their school. I am just going to be cleaning and organizing to get everything in order so will be working all weekend. Hope to join in on the Oct. VQW. Love to see everyone's beautiful work
Old 08-29-2019, 01:13 PM

Oh gosh I *hope* so! I'm up to the borders on a number of quilts! I don't know why I hate/fear putting them on, but I do.
Attached Thumbnails hst-1-.jpg   img_20170723_203106.jpg  
Old 08-29-2019, 01:31 PM

I hope to accomplish some sewing this weekend, but feeling a bit under the weather right now. Scratchy throat, achy, low temp - sleeping A lot!
If I do get to sew, I will be putting sashing on my supersized version of Wonky Wishes. Now I know why Bonnie says "if it's still ugly, you didn't cut it small enough!" Instead of 2 1/2 inch blocks, I made mine 4 1/2 inches, so you can see the ugly ! LOL
Old 08-29-2019, 02:07 PM

Good day everyone and happy sewing and quilting.

My goals this VQW: Machine sew on 2 bindings on a baby and lap quilt. Then get a few tops quilted on my long arm. My goal is to figure out the sequence of edge to edge and cropping. Last week the quilting frozed in mid row. It was very frustrating. This weekend I will have the time to work with the issue. Yea. Then get a few more UFO projects ready for quilting. That should keep me busy for the next few days.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:08 PM

It is unlikely I will much of anything done quilt wise. I will be spending the weekend with my grandbabies. They get my undivided attention when I go out to their house. I will of course take my sewing machine just incase my grand daughter want a bit of a sewing lesson -. I have a lot to do but it will just have to wait until after Labor Day. Already look toward Octobers VQW!