Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Old 08-29-2019, 03:35 PM

VQW is just what I need to get my “sew-jo” going. I haven’t sat at my machine for a couple months. I would like to spend time organizing fabric for projects that are currently just ideas, rough cut my t-shirts for a memory quilt, make scraps from the rest of the shirts for a rag rug, do some cutting for my bed quilt, piece a back/ add borders and sandwich one quilt, finish quilting my nephew’s, finish about four other small projects in progress... Sigh... I probably won’t get it all done this weekend but I’m certain I can tackle a lot of it if I start with the small stuff.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:41 PM

I'd like to join! I'm working on a calendar style wallhanging. Have finished jan - may. Have no idea what to do for june or july, so i'll be doing august & September. Have fun all !!
Old 08-29-2019, 04:17 PM
Power Poster

I have been out of it with a sinus infection all week and sleeping a lot. If I can muster the energy I will sew on my Bricks and Stones civil war quilt. If not, I'll lay out on the couch and knit on my little cotton rabbit.

NZ, your farm quilt looks so great... better than Eleanor Burns' version, by a mile! Hope your little girl has a wonderful birthday celebration.

Tish, your oriental quilt is gorgeous.

So, you ladies have made me laugh with your "sew-jo" and your "big dreams, this side of the weekend"! I think it's going to be a good VQW.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:22 PM

I would love to join! I have 100 9" blocks trimmed and ready to be sewn together, i am trying to accomplish that and possibly put together a backing (scrappy) this weekend. And maybe I'll learn how to post pics via the ipad, lol
Old 08-29-2019, 04:38 PM

I can't wait to join this weekend. I have spent the last 3 days without my sewing machine because I have been with my mom. I am going home and as soon as I empty my suitcase I am going to do some mindless sewing. I am making a Christmas quilt with 25patch squares so it is really mindless sewing

Cheshirepat. I love your triangle quilt. I am getting ready to make a triangle quilt for my son and every time I turn around I see another layout I like.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:58 PM

I'l be checking in, too! I'm working on a Lori Holt sew along that just started this week so I have my first four blocks under construction right now (all applique but I'm machine appliquing) so I'll work on those and precut for future weeks blocks. Here are my first two, which still need to centered and sewn but they are ready.

sewbiz....hoping you feel better soon!

NZ.....your 2nd farm quilt is adorable....I need to unpack a few boxes and find that project box. I am replacing many of her blocks, too.

Gorgeous quilt projects shown...

Heather....thanks for hosting...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 08-29-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by IngeMK View Post
I would love to join! I have 100 9" blocks trimmed and ready to be sewn together, i am trying to accomplish that and possibly put together a backing (scrappy) this weekend. And maybe I'll learn how to post pics via the ipad, lol
IngeMK... I post via IPAD. I downloaded a free App to resize my photos and it works great. The name of the App is called "Tekunodo"/Simple Resize. If you decide to download it, PM me if you need help...

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-29-2019 at 05:39 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 08-29-2019, 05:23 PM

I've lurked here for forever but I registered just so I could participate! I'm off work for the next several days and I'm super excited to have the time to sew for long stretches of time. I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while! I'm planning to finish up 3 tops I'm making as Christmas gifts, cut a couple throw size rag quilts, put sashing on some t shirt blocks, do a ton of longarming that I've put off, and leader-endering both the Bonnie Hunter shoo fly blocks and the Idaho Square Dance I started well over a year ago. I'm aiming for at least a couple finishes over the next few days. We'll see how much of that actually happens, but I've got more than enough to keep me busy. It's so much fun seeing what everyone else is up to!
Old 08-29-2019, 05:33 PM

Welcome to the board, armybandvet! Thank you for your service....my fav band in parades!
Old 08-29-2019, 06:33 PM

wish I planned a whole weekend of quilting (since I don't work on Tues it would really be 4 days!) but I've told DH, I'm not sewing, he's not writing or watching tv--we are tackling that basement storage and getting rid of stuff--and then we are going to move some book shelves and set up my design wall and move the treadle so it can actually be used!!