Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend. I am actually on a quilting retreat through our guild this weekend so have been quilting since 9 this morning. We did have to stop while our machines were turned off during the tornado warning. Sirens went off and we had to shelter in place. The lights were flickering some so we turned our machines off. But we're all safe and sound and got right back to work as soon as we could. I brought lots of projects to work on, more than I will possibly do but I didn't want to take any chances I would run out of things to work on!

So what are all of you working on this weekend? I will probably only check in each night after I'm done quilting. Next VQW is April 19-21.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    I'd love to join in. As soon as I get my sewing legs underneath me. Spent all day at the dermatologist. Looks like a viral odd-ball version of Exema. It doesn't hurt or itch. It's just ugly, big red spots. He took a biopsy. Said to change to Dove soap from Irish Spring, but corditade cream on it.

I'm not going to be doing much sewing because of the broken ankle, but I'm going to try to do a bit of EPP and I'll definitely be looking in to see what others are working on.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Patrice, sorry to hear of your broken ankle. I hope it heals fast.

Good evening everyone. I’m working on completing 4 ufo projects that just need binding. Then I plan to make 4 blocks (2 - for guild and 2 for BOM blocks). Then back to my BHMQ-gf. At least get the blocks together. And if i’m Lucky get all of the pieces for the borders done. In between all of that set up my FMQ sewing machine to my sewing table. Then clear off my long arm table and try to figure out it’s issues. Anyway happy sewing everyone. I’ll post pics later.

I'll be sewing on binding tomorrow when my charity quilt group gets together. Then I'll be packing to head down to Pigeon Forge for Mountain Quiltfest on Monday. Can't wait.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-15-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

How I love VQW's, seeing everyone's projects, and am always amazed at how much everyone gets done. Even though my wrist is healing, I still cannot use a rotary cutter, and scissors only sparingly. I think I will try and get some work done on my BH-inspired strippy quilt and maybe some 4Ps from my precuts for some undetermined future project.

I will be sewing the binding on a raffle quilt to be raffled off on Sunday. It is is in bright rainbow colors with big yellow blocks. It is being raffled off at the local high school performance of Wizard of Oz.

Next week is spring break for me. I plan to sew two baby quilt tops and quilt three baby quilts besides doing the taxes.

Senior Member sewingitalltogether's Avatar
    I could use a VQW. Wonder if I can be left alone to get some quilting done. I need 2 8" blocks to complete my Sweet Tea and Green Beans quilt. Here's a picture of my progress.
    Name:  IMG_1306.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  133.5 KB
    I have more blocks done than are on the picture. Have the borders cut out and have been playing with an assortment of flowers to go on it.
    Gail

I'm in! I've just started a little wall hanging. Will try to show a picture tomorrow afternoon. In the AM we are doing laundry, going to a chocolate store, and then JoAnn's.

Sewing, I love your sampler!
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Raggiemom: I'm glad you are all safe. Thanks for hosting again.

I'm in.

I have been on Spring Break this week and between snow on Sunday and rain yesterday and today, I have been reorganizing my sewing room plus sewing because it's 'stay in the house' weather.

My first project is to finish 'dethreading' the wheels on my sewing chair. I have 2 wheels done and 3 to go.

Then I will work on finishing 3 blocks for a BOM and 2 blocks for a BOW. I will work on various leader/ender projects while I do the blocks.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's entries.
    Connie

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R View Post
    I'll be sewing on binding tomorrow when my charity quilt group gets together. Then I'll be packing to head down to Pigeon Forge for Mountain Quiltfest on Monday. YAY! Can't wait.
    You lucky thing! I so want to go to Mountain Quiltfest. I have a quilting friend who lives in Crossville, TN and I could visit her, too! Some day . . .
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I'm in!

I posted on the Moratorium thread that I'm starting on four baby quilts using a conveyor belt process. Doing all the cutting for all of them, block making, top constructing, sandwiching, etc.. I have found all the fabric I need in my stash. It's a collection of identical prints in 4 different colors... red, green, yellow and blue, with little white "baby" in rows. I plan to use some white fabric with them also. I'll use different patterns on each of them.

I did 5 quilts using this method and just yesterday I finished the very last bit of hand binding on the last one. It was a great feeling to say, "I finished 5 quilts today!"
    Last edited by SillySusan; 03-14-2019 at 06:28 PM.

I’m in. Just have to decide which partially quilted object to work on...

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Okay, I'm in .............. I want to finish quilting the mini quilt in my hoop and get the binding on it. I'm also still working my applique basket blocks. Can't wait to see progress photos .............
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

I’ll join in... I am working on blocks of three different tops. I hope to make some good progress. Today I made 6 diaper covers and soakers for a baby gift. Tomorrow I can get back to my quilts.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm in! Didn't do last months VQW-just didn't have my mojo. Finishing up some bibs for a neighbor's baby and then working on completing a UFO quilt for an upcoming quilt show my guild is hosting in June. If I get that done, I want to make a decision on a which sampler quilt I would like to do. I have a few books and patterns to choose from.
    Boston the day you have planned sounds great!
    Sewingitalltogether I love,love,love your Jen Kingwell quilt-beautiful!

Our small (8) quilting group is having a quilt day on Saturday. We just get together and work on whatever project we have, eat potluck, and gab. I think it is National Quilt Day on Saturday.

I'll play too! I'm hoping to finish quilting a quilt that may be destined for a homeless shelter and I've got other quilt tops lined up. Working intermittently on some crazy quilted heart ornaments for both spring sale and fall Holly Mart sale.

Blog Entries
    Name:  20190315_073052_resized.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  273.4 KBI've signed up for Bonnie Hunter's Smith Mountain Morning workshop. I'm the kind of person who wants to be a step ahead, so I'm going to try to make one before hand. Then Bonnie can refine my techniques when I take the class. This is all out of scraps: cut off edges from the 108 backings.

Yes, I see the center.....Yikes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R View Post
    I'll be sewing on binding tomorrow when my charity quilt group gets together. Then I'll be packing to head down to Pigeon Forge for Mountain Quiltfest on Monday. YAY! Can't wait.
    Hey!!!! That's where I will be next week also!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
    I'm in!

I posted on the Moratorium thread that I'm starting on four baby quilts using a conveyor belt process. Doing all the cutting for all of them, block making, top constructing, sandwiching, etc.. I have found all the fabric I need in my stash. It's a collection of identical prints in 4 different colors... red, green, yellow and blue, with little white "baby" in rows. I plan to use some white fabric with them also. I'll use different patterns on each of them.

I did 5 quilts using this method and just yesterday I finished the very last bit of hand binding on the last one. It was a great feeling to say, "I finished 5 quilts today!"
    Ok So what is your conveyor belt process? We just had a Guild meeting last night and I brought home a lot of fabric that I am Not willing to add to my stash - want to whip out charity quilts. Sounds like you are 'whipping' them out.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-15-2019 at 08:15 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Blog Entries
    I am working on Pam Buda’s 1800 quilt. I have about 250 squares made. They are 2 1/2” and will finish at 2” in the quilt. I think I am about 1/2 way through. I will be getting ready for a retreat as well. It is my first and I am really looking forward. It is only 2 nights so great to see if I will like it. I am taking 2 machines because I can get my Bernina cleaned while I am there. Mr. Peach will have to go to the vet for boarding. He hates that but I will have his annual physical done while he is there. Poor kitty. He will be so happy to come home!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

In just a few minutes, I am heading out for a weekend retreat! Not the same one raggiemom is doing, but not far from there. Let's see how much I can get done - 4 projects are loaded. And we have a merchant vendor for the entire weekend so another project or 2 could conceivably land on my table LOL.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

I'm in. I need to finish sewing on the binding on the bike wall hanging and sew 4 more penguins. I will post pictures later in the day. lol Now off to sewing and coffee and sewing and tea and sewing and wine....lol

Hello virtual quilters! I've been on a virtual sew-along with a friend in Arizona who would have ordinarily been at quilt camp this past week but due to real life stuff couldn't go.

Saturday I will be going with some of my small group ladies to the Quilters Anonymous show in Monroe, WA. This is a major show in our Seattle area.

I have two projects going on, one I'm calling Not Quite Y2K, which is being made up of about 800+ unique and a few duplicate 2.5" squares most of which yes, have sat in my sewing room for 20 years. Design is traditional Flying Square block with assorted off whites for the rectangles, no -- they aren't unique at all! Blocks are made and have been laid out and numbered, border units are made and this morning I was going to lay out the top and place the border units when I found out the hubby called in sick to work and is huddled miserably in the queen sized bed. He did not appreciate the lights being snapped on nor my cheery let's get working attitude. Poor thing he works so hard, I feel bad but he is one of the world's worst sick people.

So I switched to project two, which for lack of a better name I'm calling the purple quilt. There will be 42 unique purple fabrics (one per block) along with different white on white fabrics for the background. So far I have the strips cut for the white but I have not yet done the subcuts. The purples have been sorted and are in the process of being cut. I'm currently somewhere over 30 cut to project sets and decided it was a good time for a break.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast