Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- February 10-12, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-february-10-12-2017-a-t285953.html)

Raggiemom 02-09-2017 03:00 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- February 10-12, 2017

I thought I would start the thread tonight for any of our overseas members who would like to participate.

Welcome to Virtual Quilt Weekend. If you're new to the idea, we "virtually" quilt together this weekend and post pictures and share what we're working on this weekend.

I'm quilting at a friend's house tomorrow, working on a variety of projects. I have so many things I'm working on right now! My plan is to make progress on several of them and to clean up my sewing room this weekend. We'll see how that goes :)

Next VQW will be March 10-12; mark your calendars :)

happylab 02-09-2017 04:11 PM

Good evening. Thank-you for starting this month early. I can't start this until Saturday. But I will be able to spend The entire weekend working on my four small projects.
1 = Make 3 quilting Bee blocks
2 = Finish very small UFO tie WH
3 = Cut out and bag 2 1/2" candy sqs for winter swap.
4 = Complete BH quarter blocks (80) in step #7.
5 = Pick out fabric and start a few blocks on the 365 block challenge.
6 = If I get these items done, work on another UFO.
Have fun sewing and quilting everyone. I will be lurking tomorrow and seeing how everyone is doing. :sew::wave:

Fabric Galore 02-09-2017 04:21 PM

I will be working on just 1 project. A quilt that I am making as a wedding gift for my grandson. It is a whole cloth hand quilted and I only have 2 months to finish. The pattern is very intricate and take a lot of time so this will be a great opportunity to put everything else to one side and concentrate on quilting. Thanks for coming up with this idea.

cashs_mom 02-09-2017 04:55 PM

I'll be working on my king sized quilt I'm doing by Marti Mitchell's quilting in sections. The top is done so now it's sandwich and quilt time. I'm also gonna use my Featherweight to get used to it. I'm making some flannel lined bags to hold my car show stuff.

Oh, and I still have to do some sorting and tossing in the sewing room. (That's going to be an ongoing process I can tell.)

Julie R 02-09-2017 05:08 PM

Hope to participate on Sunday. I'll be attending a longarm quilting class on Saturday. Hope to quilt a top or two on Sunday.

mcdaniel023 02-09-2017 06:14 PM

I sure hope I can join in. I want to make some progress on a queen size floral, curved log cabin. I am making it for our bed.

Tumdarra 02-09-2017 06:15 PM

We have a quilt ministry at our church, and the ladies will be meeting at my home this weekend as it is easier to start the quilting process here instead of having to take my machine to the church where we normally meet. It is a new ministry so are still in the "learning" stage of organizing the group. Any ideas will be greatly welcomed

sewbizgirl 02-09-2017 06:27 PM

Yay... another VQW! I am finishing up my Boom swap blocks (only two left to do) and then I have a couple of lap quilts to quilt, for charity. If I get that done, I'll start pulling out scraps for a scrappy quilt. Glad to be sewing with y'all!

quiltingshorttimer 02-09-2017 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh, yeah, I'm in! Don't have to teach a beginner quilt class this weekend (space unavailable due to Valentine's)but do have to get some samples ready for next week. So that means I can start on a Ricky Timms Kool Kaliedascope quilt that I've got the strips cut for and waiting. Finished my whole cloth today--love the front, making for a show, know I won't win anything cause have a tiny tuck in the back and that's ok--I love it![ATTACH=CONFIG]567914[/ATTACH]

ArlaJo 02-09-2017 07:30 PM

Great opportunity for me to get some binding done, 4 quilts behind. Can you tell its not my favorite thing to do. I also have a quilt to border and a new one cut out.