Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend January 13-16, 2023 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-january-13-16-2023-a-t319913.html)

Raggiemom 01-13-2023 10:02 AM

Virtual quilting weekend January 13-16, 2023

Good afternoon all! Sorry I’m a little late getting VQW started. The morning flew right by. What are you quilting plans for the weekend? I am prepping a couple bags by Annie. In fact I have a class for Take a Stand Sunday. Then I’m still cleaning and organizing.

next VQW is February 17-20.

WMUTeach 01-13-2023 10:12 AM

I am in again. Going to be cutting my 2.5" squares for the Birthday swap. Then I have several sew-a-longs to keep up with and of course UFO. Let's just say I have choices this weekend. ;)

Cam's gram 01-13-2023 10:27 AM

I’m in. I up graded my long arm and to Pro Stitcher Premium in December and finally have time to try it out. Was using a very old version of Pro Stitcher. Had a virtual class Tuesday night so I think I’m ready. Have a huge (118 x 107) quilt to load and work on for DS#2 & DDIL. It’s a cheater quilt. The top is backing from the Soar fabric line. Thought it was beautiful and decided to try it as a quilt top.

Julienm1 01-13-2023 10:33 AM

I'm in! Just gtot back from Project Linus where I donated 6 quilts...Good for me...Good for them. Working on another skateboard quilt for big kids. Almost done piecing then I can glue baste sandwhich and quilt. Not sure which project a I'll start next. WAY to many to choose from.

petthefabric 01-13-2023 10:33 AM

Been straightening. Feels finished. Have lunch then sew.

tallchick 01-13-2023 10:40 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather! I’m in; need to finish the blocks for the border of the same quilt I was working on during the New Year’s VQW. Since I got all my year end paperwork completed, books closed and W2’s mailed, I am ready to get back to quilting! Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

cjsews 01-13-2023 11:44 AM

I am in. Joining a new quilt guild tomorrow. That should be fun. I have a bunch of 2.5” strips trimmed from leftovers. I am using these to make a scrap quilt. Not sure how it will turn out yet. Then I want to use more scrap fabrics to make a chandelier quilt.

rryder 01-13-2023 12:55 PM

I'm in! I'll be at a gallery opening where my quilts are being shown tonight, but tomorrow I plan on working on my Sunflower Illusions quilt. I'm in the process of stitching the curved parts together and it's slow going- definitely trying my patience. I also have a quilt that needs some more quilting added, and another one that's sandwiched and ready to be quilted once I decide what I want to do on it.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone's working on.

Rob

geevee 01-13-2023 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just started the Riley Blake 2023 Block challenge, finished the first block this morning and have the second one cut and waiting to piece this weekend.

happylab 01-13-2023 01:34 PM

Thank-you for hosting Heather.

my weekend goals to (1) quilt a baby top for a friend. (2) finish parts 1-4 on BHMQ. (3) finish putting the r/w/blk top together. (4) attend a basic PPing class.