Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 18-20, 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-january-18-20-2019-a-t302339.html)

jmoore 01-20-2019 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 8196589)
So much happening here this weekend! I am in the middle of quilting the Jamestown Landing quilt for my son. This is the biggest one i have attempted on the sitdown Sweet 16 and I have to say it is a workout. Next really big quilt will go to a longarmer!

Who said quilting wasn’t a sport...sometimes it’s like wrestling an elephant in a small space. I thought about that today when I was sewing the binding on my ORL quilt. LOL

Raggiemom 01-20-2019 03:14 PM

Wow--I haven't been on the computer much this weekend so was just checking back in to see how everyone was doing. I am so impressed by all the productivity and progress. I have the clues caught up for Sew on the Go mystery quilt and I have my Yellow Brick Road quilted, bound, and labelled. There is still tomorrow though so we'll see what gets done then! We only got about 4 inches from the storm but darn cold here. Loving the pictures! :)

jmoore 01-20-2019 03:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It seems everyone really took advantage of the VQW. Himnherr, love the quilt pattern...I’ll have to look for the Cloud Nine pattern. Quiltnmom and Hobbykat...both colorful and challenging projects. Nan...looks like you enjoyed your class and I’m sure you will come up with the perfect sashing for your runner.

I quilted and attached the binding on my ORL. I also made some cute placemats for my son and DIL in California for Valentine’s. I will try to get two more sets done before February 14th for the other two families. We didn’t get as much snow as they predicted but it was still a relaxing day to be home.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607135[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607136[/ATTACH]

JJBlaine 01-20-2019 04:29 PM

Went out, got some glue, so I'm off to finish basting my Thimbleberries beast. Happy quilting everyone!

sewbizgirl 01-20-2019 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been wanting to "do something" with the vast amount of scrap strings and bits I have collected. So today I played with these. These blocks are addicting! I was only going to do a few, and I made this many. Each 'diamond' is 4 blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607137[/ATTACH]

QuiltingVagabond 01-20-2019 04:52 PM

Even though there's no school tomorrow, the grands' parents have to work, so i will be babysitting. I've loaded the car with 2 of my scrap totes to cut squares for an upcoming Bonnie Hunter class - Wonky Wishes.

jmoore 01-20-2019 05:13 PM

SBG...love your string blocks. That’s going to be a great scrappy quilt.

cashs_mom 01-20-2019 05:16 PM

I love the string blocks, too. SBG. Did you do them on a foundation? I'm thinking I need to make a string quilt. :D

sewbizgirl 01-20-2019 07:54 PM

Thanks Patrice and Jmoore... I cut a stack of 6.5” squares from old phone book pages and sewed to those. The paper tore off easily after sewing. I don’t love sewing on the paper, tho. It makes the tension wonky.

sewbizgirl 01-20-2019 08:45 PM

Everyone's accomplishments this VQW are truly stellar! So many beautiful projects... forgive me if I don't comment on each one, but I'm blown away.

jmoore, your Ringo turned out so gorgeous... and that birdie fabric on your placemats! Oh my goodness... who makes that? I really need some for my baby girls. :o Cutest birdies I've ever seen!

Well done, everyone, and we still have one more day to play! I have to go to work in the morning until about noon, but hope to get back to my sewing machines afterwards.