Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-january-19-21-2018-a-t294143.html)

retiredteacher09 01-18-2018 04:38 PM

I will join in tomorrow night and Saturday. I will be assembling my BHMQ blocks. I only did 1/3 of the clues so I am thinking I will have 13 -15 blocks. I plan to use them in the middle of a quilt.

Connie

Cheesehead 01-18-2018 04:50 PM

Macybaby your project is incredible I can't wait to see the progress you make on it this weekend!

I'm planning on making a couple of table toppers this weekend, I should have one completed tomorrow.

Jan

Teen 01-18-2018 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll join with you all mid-afternoon tomorrow. I promised to go to the movies with DH tomorrow and we are going to the early show. I'll be working on Stars & Stripes patriotic quilt for vet reunion raffle donation. I picked up the appliqué fabric today from the Road to Calif quilt show (which was amazing, btw)... Fused and cut appliqués so I am ready to turn under and machine appliqué on background fabric after I cut it. I need to finish a UFO sock monkey (he's currently armless) too.

sewbizgirl 01-18-2018 05:51 PM

Yay, it's that time again! I have a couple of small quilts that need quilting... or maybe I will sandwich a hand quilting project. I don't know what, but I'll be working on something along with you because it's too cold to be outside. So... definitely something. :p

quiltingshorttimer 01-18-2018 06:48 PM

I'm in--have a little wall hanging to bind (I'll post later) and teaching 7 hrs of beginner quilt class on Sat. I'm also in process of piecing my "version" of BH mystery quilt--I basically gave up when I got stuck figuring out which Accuquilt dies to use and then that I didn't have all of them--so I'm using a few my blocks I made and making it into a modern quilt--maybe! Plus have 6 ready to quilt.

rryder 01-18-2018 08:03 PM

I’m in. I have several projects to work on, including the BH mystery which I am trying to keep from turning into a UFO. The other projects are art quilts that are in various stages of completion. Oh, and borders for my temp quilt need to be added, but that may need to wait a little longer. Looking forward to seing what everyone’s working on!

Rob

kristakz 01-18-2018 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Phew! Bonnie Hunter redo is done! I had some *really* ugly missing points that I just couldn't live with, so I redid about 30 of them and I'm much happier now. Next up, Bonnie Hunter part 2 - my leftover blocks (18 of them) turned into a donation quilt with a slightly different setting than Bonnie used.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587303[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 01-18-2018 09:16 PM

It looks totally fabulous, Krista. :thumbup:

jmoore 01-19-2018 03:46 AM

Krista your BH mystery looks marvelous.

I’m on the same page with Rob, what sewing I get done this weekend will be dedicated to my BH mystery. I flew to California for a little over a week to go meet my new (and first) granddaughter so I haven’t got any blocks assembled yet.

Nan, I’m curious about what you are working on...I didn’t recognize it from the photo.

QuiltnNan 01-19-2018 03:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 7985399)
guess what this is that i'm working on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587276[/ATTACH]

Soooo... no one wanted to guess what this is. It is finished now... I saw it on a Sewing with Nancy segment, but I made mine larger to be able to carry my small cutting board, and added outside and inside pockets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587305[/ATTACH]