Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-january-19-21-2018-a-t294143.html)

QuiltingVagabond 01-20-2018 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been working on this wall hanging to be donated to our guild quilt show auction. This was an unfinished UFO given to me by our guild president who got it from another quilter's stash - the larger center star was pieced and everything else was in a bag - she asked if I could try to make something out of what was there.
The colors were a bit dated so I bought the geometric background fabric to "jazz" it up a little. I still need to hand sew the small center star into place and then quilt it. I hope the original quilter would like how I finished her UFO.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587416[/ATTACH]

I've also started sewing rows on my BHMQ today...

quiltingshorttimer 01-20-2018 02:57 PM

great projects! I feel like such a slacker--yesterday all I got done was putting together backing for 2 lap quilts to go onto the LA tomorrow. And today I spent 7 hrs teaching beginner quilt classes. This is first of series of 5 (we do 4 blocks and then sashing, borders and quilt on domestic machine and bind)with 28 in the class (I co-teach and we have mentors from the guild) and I'm really hoping that several will spend some time with their machines this week learning how to actually use them! we always say bring your manual, but....

Macybaby 01-20-2018 04:03 PM

Had a bit of a side track today. The dishwasher started leaking - add that the it's other malfunctions and DH finally decided he'd had enough (he is the one that uses it). So we went to town and looked at them. What he wants was not currently in stock, so DH gets to be the dishwasher for a few days.

I did get out to the LA and put a few hours in on the quilt. I'm happy with how it's turning out, but it sure is more tiring doing it FM instead of letting the machine do all the work. I've got about 1/3 of it done. Will work on it more tomorrow. I think I'll head upstairs and work on my CMIYC for a while before bed.

Sync 01-20-2018 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I worked on more of the Bonnie Hunter units and even put together a block. Took a break from my machine to do some slow stitching while I watched a NCAA basketball game ... (Arizona vs Stanford)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587419[/ATTACH]

D.Henson 01-20-2018 04:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow, this is a very productive weekend for many of you. That is great. I spent the day with our Quilts For Kids group. Yesterday I finished one of my donation quilts and worked on cutting quilt kits for our group. This morning I folded a few NICU quilts for our local hospital.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587423[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]587424[/ATTACH]

D.Henson 01-20-2018 04:40 PM

Beautiful wall hanging.

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7986649)
I have been working on this wall hanging to be donated to our guild quilt show auction. This was an unfinished UFO given to me by our guild president who got it from another quilter's stash - the larger center star was pieced and everything else was in a bag - she asked if I could try to make something out of what was there.
The colors were a bit dated so I bought the geometric background fabric to "jazz" it up a little. I still need to hand sew the small center star into place and then quilt it. I hope the original quilter would like how I finished her UFO.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587416[/ATTACH]

I've also started sewing rows on my BHMQ today...

D.Henson 01-20-2018 04:41 PM

Love this bright and cheerful quilt. Someone will absolutely love it.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7986571)
Here is my charity quilt I finished last night. It's rather garish and bright, but it's for a child so that will probably work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587406[/ATTACH]

Boston1954 01-20-2018 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Four little blocks of "Masonry" laid out. When my cold is gone I can get some more work done.

sewbizgirl 01-20-2018 04:50 PM

I've been admiring the photos, everyone. Such great projects and we still have a whole day left to sew this weekend.

I have been QAYG quilting my 12.5" blocks from the last two Boom swaps. I need to get those made into some quilts before I get the fabric for the next swap... which will be soon. It sure is fun quilting each block by itself, all different ways.

kristakz 01-20-2018 04:55 PM

Spending this evening packing for Monday's retreat. Then, we'll see what I left out, and work on that tomorrow :)