Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 29-July 4, 2018 Whoops!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-june-29-july-4-2018-whoops-t297953.html)

Raggiemom 06-30-2018 05:49 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 29-July 4, 2018 Whoops!!!!

I forgot this was supposed to be a virtual quilting weekend, I am so sorry! So I am a little late starting it :) I have extended it through July 4 as Canada and the US have holidays in that time span.

I have various projects to work on, just a matter of deciding which one to start with! I'll check back in later and see what everyone is working on.

Next VQW is August 3-5. I'll mark it on my calendar so I don't forget again :)

tucsonquilter 06-30-2018 06:02 AM

So here is my list I am working on this weekend.
1. Beach quilt: just need to add a label
2. Baby quilt: Just need to add a label
3. QAYG: add last row then work on borders
4. Work on #12 bitty bloom embroidery block.

Can I get them done? LOL

Boston1954 06-30-2018 06:46 AM

Oh my, I am so glad. I was worried that you might have a crisis at your house.

I am hand quilting my "Converging Streets".

NoraB 06-30-2018 07:00 AM

Yipee! I'm in for this one, especially since it's extended thru July 4. Here's my list:

Wash and wrap the 2 baby quilts I just finished as gifts.

Finish the Monkey quilt for my grandson (top only).

Make a baby quilt for friend (top only).

Start quilting Monkey quilt (if there's time).

wesing 06-30-2018 07:10 AM

I have two kids' quilts to bind, and a top to work on for a niece who graduated HS last year.

Dedemac 06-30-2018 07:13 AM

Yea! Was looking for this last night, I'm in especially since you extended the weekend. We all need really long weekends.:o
Have a block party at the house today but after I clean up and until Thursday its sewing time!! And maybe a little cleaning in the sewing room. Need to work on Noah's kilt and start Meredith's memory quilt, I also need to make 2 more sheep for the sheep toss for the kids at our Scottish fair.

Liz92B 06-30-2018 08:16 AM

I'm just working on the 2018 Row by Row Experience ...

RedGarnet222 06-30-2018 09:04 AM

I caught the flu and had to take a short break from sewing. But I managed to sew some yesterday. I finished the 16 dogs in sweaters blocks. Fifteen for the quilt one for the pillow. I am starting the pillow quilting first to kind of get a feel for the quilting on the quilt. They came out cute in the summery prints. I put eye glasses on the pillow and sunglasses on one dog of the quilt. But, I am wondering if I should make one with the eyeglasses on the quilt too. Any thoughts?

I bought a really cute pattern for an all over flying birds pattern I am antsy to begin. So, I had better stay focused or I will get side tracked. LOL! You know us artsy people.

I also have a purse I want to make from the book Windy City Bags that has caught my imagination. (Oh Dear!) I had better put on the blinders and get to planning that quilting for the doggies. It is all I can do not to play with pulling bird fabric today.

Raggiemom 06-30-2018 09:07 AM

I think I would put eyeglasses on one of the dogs in the quilt too just for fun :)

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 8085263)
I finished the 16 dogs in sweaters blocks. Fifteen for the quilt one for the pillow. I am starting the pillow quilting first to kind of get a feel for the quilting on the quilt. They came out cute in the summery prints. I put eye glasses on the pillow and sunglasses on one dog of the quilt. But, I am wondering if I should make one with the eyeglasses on the quilt too. Any thoughts?

I bought a really cute pattern for an all over flying birds pattern I am antsy to begin. So, I had better stay focused or I will get side tracked. LOL! You know us artsy people.

I also have a purse I want to make from the book Windy City Bags that has caught my imagination. (Oh Dear!) I had better put on the blinders and get to planning that quilting for the doggies. It is all I can do not to play with pulling bird fabric today.

Raggiemom 06-30-2018 09:07 AM

Hopefully you'll at least get the first two items done :) :)

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter (Post 8085123)
So here is my list I am working on this weekend.
1. Beach quilt: just need to add a label
2. Baby quilt: Just need to add a label
3. QAYG: add last row then work on borders
4. Work on #12 bitty bloom embroidery block.

Can I get them done? LOL