Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 29-July 4, 2018 Whoops!!!!

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 29-July 4, 2018 Whoops!!!!

I forgot this was supposed to be a virtual quilting weekend, I am so sorry! So I am a little late starting it I have extended it through July 4 as Canada and the US have holidays in that time span.

I have various projects to work on, just a matter of deciding which one to start with! I'll check back in later and see what everyone is working on.

Next VQW is August 3-5. I'll mark it on my calendar so I don't forget again
    Heather

So here is my list I am working on this weekend.
    1. Beach quilt: just need to add a label
    2. Baby quilt: Just need to add a label
    3. QAYG: add last row then work on borders
    4. Work on #12 bitty bloom embroidery block.

Can I get them done? LOL

Oh my, I am so glad. I was worried that you might have a crisis at your house.

I am hand quilting my "Converging Streets".
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Yipee! I'm in for this one, especially since it's extended thru July 4. Here's my list:

Wash and wrap the 2 baby quilts I just finished as gifts.

Finish the Monkey quilt for my grandson (top only).

Make a baby quilt for friend (top only).

Start quilting Monkey quilt (if there's time).

I have two kids' quilts to bind, and a top to work on for a niece who graduated HS last year.

Yea! Was looking for this last night, I'm in especially since you extended the weekend. We all need really long weekends.
    Have a block party at the house today but after I clean up and until Thursday its sewing time!! And maybe a little cleaning in the sewing room. Need to work on Noah's kilt and start Meredith's memory quilt, I also need to make 2 more sheep for the sheep toss for the kids at our Scottish fair.

I'm just working on the 2018 Row by Row Experience ...
    Liz / Calgary

I caught the flu and had to take a short break from sewing. But I managed to sew some yesterday. I finished the 16 dogs in sweaters blocks. Fifteen for the quilt one for the pillow. I am starting the pillow quilting first to kind of get a feel for the quilting on the quilt. They came out cute in the summery prints. I put eye glasses on the pillow and sunglasses on one dog of the quilt. But, I am wondering if I should make one with the eyeglasses on the quilt too. Any thoughts?

I bought a really cute pattern for an all over flying birds pattern I am antsy to begin. So, I had better stay focused or I will get side tracked. LOL! You know us artsy people.

I also have a purse I want to make from the book Windy City Bags that has caught my imagination. (Oh Dear!) I had better put on the blinders and get to planning that quilting for the doggies. It is all I can do not to play with pulling bird fabric today.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-30-2018 at 09:07 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I think I would put eyeglasses on one of the dogs in the quilt too just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    I finished the 16 dogs in sweaters blocks. Fifteen for the quilt one for the pillow. I am starting the pillow quilting first to kind of get a feel for the quilting on the quilt. They came out cute in the summery prints. I put eye glasses on the pillow and sunglasses on one dog of the quilt. But, I am wondering if I should make one with the eyeglasses on the quilt too. Any thoughts?

I bought a really cute pattern for an all over flying birds pattern I am antsy to begin. So, I had better stay focused or I will get side tracked. LOL! You know us artsy people.

I also have a purse I want to make from the book Windy City Bags that has caught my imagination. (Oh Dear!) I had better put on the blinders and get to planning that quilting for the doggies. It is all I can do not to play with pulling bird fabric today.
    Heather

Hopefully you'll at least get the first two items done

Quote Originally Posted by tucsonquilter View Post
    So here is my list I am working on this weekend.
    1. Beach quilt: just need to add a label
    2. Baby quilt: Just need to add a label
    3. QAYG: add last row then work on borders
    4. Work on #12 bitty bloom embroidery block.

Can I get them done? LOL
    Heather

I haven't seen in a month but just the other day I got out the machine and made 2baby quilts for some friends. I want to start one for my son and his wife but until they know the sex I will put that off. Tomorrow I think I am going to get back to my niece's wedding quilt.

Thanks for setting this up

Yay! I’ve got several things to work on:
    1.a collaborative slashed fabric quilt that needs me to add something around one of the motifs and pass back to my collaborator
    2. A collaborative quilt that needs to be bound. I really want to try a facing with rattail edging- I saw something like it at Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest this year on one of the big prize winners- will have to do some research and experimenting first.
    3. Another collaborative quilt that needs more quilting
    4. An art piece that needs more quilting
    5. A UFO so I can get a July finish

the question is, what should I work on? LOL

thanks for setting this vqw up!

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

I need to spend some time in my sewing room to re-organize it. We had a severe plumbing issue and had to replace the pipes under the house and out to the main line. After it was done we had the house cleaned by a professional service, but since I trust no one with my machines, everything not glued down went into my room. It is cleared out now - but I need to get it ready for me to use my 15-91 to finish a quilt I started on my featherweight. My 15-91 is in a cabinet and since I will be sewing long rows together I find it much easier with the cabinet. Plus it has been a while since I used it so really looking forward to getting it opened up. So many projects but I am going to look at just one at a time right now. (Even though I just bought a dozen white hand towels at Costco to make sets for upcoming holidays. Oh, and I bought some cloth napkins to embroider too, and.... okay - time to refocus on one thing at a time!)

Blog Entries
    Just elated of this VQW, I haven't been on site in a while and I'm a little excited about posting picture and making statements concerning unfinished projects and works in progress and whatever else around my place that needs my attention. What a good weekend to set and sew with the temps into the high nineties. Oh boy, was I ever wanting to add pix. Hopefully, that too shall happen. I have a pix of the first project but, can't get to load out.
    I'd like to work on a child's transparency
    I'd like to work on a child's gift of a quilted project
    I'd like to work on a charity top that's been around for a while
    Loving the idea of extra time to be in the post, that time extension is music to the ear.

Cherry

I'm working on a mandella quilt. It's got a center, then 24 rays going out from that. I'm working on the first ray to make sure I've got the pattern drawn up correctly. It's a lot of paper piecing.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

It's too hot to do anything outside right now, so what did my daughter and I do? ... have another garage sale!!! Yesterday went pretty well, but today was slower and HOT!! I don't have to babysit Wednesday and tomorrow night is my regular weekly sewin with some friends, so I will be participating then.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

I'm in. Last night I was hanging out with a couple of great nieces and, since they are old enough, they decided they wanted to make their own supper of ramen noodles. It was in the upper 90's so they were inside watching TV so I worked on sorting through a fabric donation. There were quite a few blocks so I sorted them by size and wrote on a piece of paper the size and if they needed trimming and put them in bags. One set of string blocks had 23 in it. Sweet! The funny part is I had already worked with some of these fabrics in a previous donation so I guess these blocks got separated somehow or donated later.

Today I worked on my Rest and Refreshing quilt top. I have the main part of the top finished but now I am working on the borders which has 9 patches on the diagonal. Too many setting triangles for this brain of mine to figure out how to put them on. I finally put them up on the design wall so I can do them right. LOL!

I have 2 BOW's to finish this weekend also-Accuquilt Qube and Blockheads 2.
    Last edited by retiredteacher09; 06-30-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Connie

I'm in. I'm working on my string quilt and teaching myself EPP and hopefully starting an EPP project. I look forward to seeing what everyone it working on!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    I in, I am working on a Scrappy Hunter Star that I am re-working from a swap here on the QB. It will be the second one. The second project I have on the list is to finish embroidering my Mermaid Block. And, add one more border to that quilt to finish it and bring it to size. Then, if there is more time, project 3 will be to start sashing my Red/White/Blue swap blocks. I think that's enough of a commitment for now. I look forward to hearing or seeing what you all will be working on.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    I’m in too. my list is
    1. finish quilting Grandma’s Kitchen a Sew along by Pat Sloan.
    2. Splendid Sample 2 (SS2) Block 3
    3. 2 BOM blocks. One pieced, one Appliqué
    4. I never did SS1, but saved the patterns. I trying to do it along with SS2.

Today i finished SS2 Block 3

Name:  9E142DCC-7647-448D-ABB0-2DDD5E28D5D0.jpeg
Views: 935
Size:  1.80 MB
    I am following my retirement plan, I Quilt.

Yes, I am in.

* Complete 40 more light string blocks for Bonnie Hunter's Jamestown Landing quilt.
    * Finish the tedious but final parts of the collage quilt, sew the background pieces and start adhering the embellishments. It is a Laura Heine design.
    * Bind the scrappy brick quilt.
    * Machine applique 8 more quilt blocks.

I’m in, for the times I can sew. Summer camp is Monday & Tuesday, off for the Fourth, then back to camp for the last 2 days of the week. I leave next Sat for our motorcycle convention in Montgomery, Alabama.
    Today I sewed some strips to 4.5” blocks. I have an idea in mind, & the blocks look good so far. I also need to bind my Boxes of Strings. I finished quilting it a week or two ago but teaching summer camp interferes with my sewing. I was also HOT when I got home each day-I taught rocket camp last week & we launched a rocket in central Texas heat EVERY day!

I'm in. I finished my horse quilt I worked on last month so it's back to my son's wedding quilt. I've decided on a curling ribbon for the first border. Too hot to be outside weeding.

Hooray! The three quilts I needed to bind are done and posted in the Pictures section! My wife will work on the niece's quilt tomorrow and I may start cutting Halloween fabric for personal quilts for my wife, my daughter and me!

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Oh yeah love to find out that this is VQW .
    Finished my Circa 2016 quilt yesterday and hung it up yeah.
    Working on Serenity Circle quilt today have the half circles sewn on to their wedges now tomorrow will sew the 4 sections into blocks.
    If I get the above quilt pieced I may move back to working on my Jen Kingswell quilt Long Time Ago.
    ​Christine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast