Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 16-18, 2018

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 16-18, 2018

Welcome to the Virtual Quilting Weekend. This weekend I'm going to be packing projects for next weekend's quilt retreat. Plus I have a few baby quilts I'd like to finish. The sewing room could stand a little organizing (as usual!!!). And I might go to Quilters Day Out in Burlington KY on Saturday if the weather isn't too lousy. Now we'll see how much I can actually get done by Sunday night!

Next VQW is April 20-22.
    Heather

Well howdy! I have lots of projects that are in that "nearly finished" stage, so I am in. Saturday I am going to a ruler/grid class with HQ educator Harriett Carpanini, so I may only have Sunday for serious sewing.
    I will also be packing for our retreat- see you there Heather!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

A friend and I are going to the Quilter's Day Out in Lexington Saturday.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Thanks, love the Virtual postings... hope I get to see them!

I'm in!!

1. hand quilting my "Masonry"
    2. machine quilting a table runner for a friend here on the board
    3. finishing a top with strips cut into triangles that I call "Converging Streets"

I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow.
    Last edited by Boston1954; 03-15-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Yes!!!!! Love it!!!!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-16-2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: remove copyright pic and all caps

Good evening. My main project to organize my sewing area downstairs. Easily a three day projects. I’m in the process of deciding what to keep and what to pass on to others. I’ll be going through sewing clothes fabric, quilting projects, yarn and books & magazines. In between i’m Working on putting together train mystery #18 top. I have 9 blocks together need to make 3 more blocks. And finally, quilt my reversible Olaf throw for my GN. I’ll post pic later.

I'm definitely in. I started a quilt that wasn't on my schedule, so I need to get it done quickly. A huge fan made with a wedge ruler appliqued on a background. I will go to the AT&T store and see what I need to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer so I can post a picture.

I'm in! Happy to be home this weekend for VQW -I'm a bit burnt out on retreats and need some quality time in my sewing room.

Tonight I finished binding a quilt. It's on my 2018 UFO list, and will be heading to a charity. When there's some decent light tomorrow I'll try to take a picture and post it. Now, what to work on this weekend ...

1. I have 4 charity quilts bundled with backs ready for quilting - but those will likely wait for another week or so. I burnt out on charity work last weekend.
    2. I have 1 more March UFO I want to get done - so if I can make the backing for it while the current customer quilt finishes up tomorrow, it may get onto the longarm this weekend.
    3. I'd like to get Winding Ways off my design wall (and 150 Canadian Women up), so that's high on the list - just one more row of blocks then the border transition to do.
    4. And if I get tired of that, maybe I can get my block party quilt done.
    Some organizing in the sewing room might have to happen before I can settle into those last 2 items, however.

I'm in need to attach binding.
    Name:  IMG_20180315_2034470_rewind_kindlephoto-1149289817.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  251.7 KB

I have to clean out my closet on Sat. The floor is horrible! I don't have dust bunnies, I have dust elephants! After I do that, I'm in.

I have a pillow made from one square of the Dogs in Sweaters quilt that I need to finish and I have a Professional Tote in progress and then there's my new Juki to play with and fabrics for a Dogs in Sweaters quilt to cut so I have plenty to do.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I'm in. Have a BH Christmas Mystery from Quiltmaker magazine a few years ago partially done. Need to finish blocks and start assembly. We'll see how far I get.

Hi! I'm in. I was serging some changing pads for a baby charity and then I tucked the serger tails in while I was watching banked slalom at the Paralympics. I am amazed by the stories of the athletes. I do have a personal interest in the snowboarding events as my nephew is Mike Schultz and he was the flag bearer during the Opening Ceremony. He also took gold in his Boardercross event on the 12th and he just took silver in the banked Slalom. He is the inventor of his prosthesis that not only he was racing on, but also Team USA snowboarding athletes were using. Very proud aunt.

I also spent some time sorting a box of squares.

My plan is to finish the Mystery 18 top and to make my flying geese for the Accuqult BOW.
    Connie

Good morning! I have the pattern drawn out for the table runner. I found a heart shape online and put them randomly around the area, and then drew lines to make it continuous. Also here is a shot of the hand stitching on "Masonry". The blocks for the triangle quilt are sewn and I am starting the sashing with the lovely light grey from Moda Marbles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I’m in. Spent most of yesterday putting my sewing studio back together after taking it apart Mon and Tues to fit in my new (to me) Sweet Sixteen which we picked up from previous owner on Wed. Finally gt to sit down with it and work on a new collaborative piece that I’m doing with Dan (he did the photo collage and then had it printed on fabric). Also worked on a clothesline bowl since there are always skinny scraps to use up. Today we’re at the barn, but if not too tired when get home I’m going to pull out a UFO to work on so I can meet my personal goal of completing one UFO each month! So full weekend of sewing planned. Cankt wait to see what everyone else is working on.

Dedemac- that looks great! (Binding is my least favorite part of quilting)

Boston1954- your handquilting is gorgeous!

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Blog Entries
    I am in and have a list of things to do. I made the bias binding for a quilt I bought at an Estate Sale and we hand quilted it at a Bee I belong to. So I can get that sewn on and finished. I am working on a red and white quilt that I hope to complete the top 'this weekend. I am slowly copying a quilt made by my grandmother and her sisters. Lots of appliqué to do there but fun to sew. I feel like she is with me when I work on it so I am not in a rush to complete it. I joined a Stash Buster group at a local quilt shop and have to get my show and tell ready for Monday's meeting. I have a quilt ready to cut out if I get the above under control.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I like your funky pinwheel border.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I'm in. Need to quilt train ride #18 that I arranged as a small quilt. Should be able to finish it.

Boston, I love Moda Marble Swirls. I didn't know it was still available. Your batik quilt is lovely.

Looks like we will all be busy today! My binding is machined stitched down now to do the hand stitching. I think I will also throw in a few 365 blocks, just to work on a second UFO, and take breaks from sitting and stitching. Its a sunny day here but still looking at good snow piles. Time for breakfast, have a pot of gingerbread coffee if any one wants some.

Time for breakfast, have a pot of gingerbread coffee if any one wants some.[/QUOTE]

I'll be right over. Blueberry muffins would be nice also.

I'm in. I'll be sewing something.....lol

Blog Entries
    Good morning Raggiemom and everyone, 'I am in,' this month's VQW. Usually it's scheduled when I am into something else. Not this time I am in for it. I plan on getting somethings done this time. Just this morning I finished the baby quilt that I'm gifting to my God niece that lives in Louisiana. Tried not to make it too heavy, but I wanted it to be cozy with a flannel backing. The baby will be a year old in a couple more months. I'm getting better her older sister was two years old when she received her 'Aunt betty' quilt.

Dedemac, the binding will happen for you, since we're speaking of breakfast, I already had a couple of pancakes. But, I could try some of that gingerbread coffee

Boston1954, I love hand quilting and yours is looking great

Rob, enjoy your new playmate

Have a productive day everyone, I'm off to another project around here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was suppose to be at a two day Embroidery class, but due to the weather I'm staying home instead.

I'm working on a quilt to hang at the Thrift Store where I work. It will have 11 "homes" for each of the Homes for the 1-6th grade students (it's a residential school so they live on campus during the school year).

I'm getting them partially sewn and then the kids will mark them up with fabric markers. I've got five done and started on the 6th. Here are the first three.

My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Blog Entries
    Macybaby, this project is awesome it will be appliqued how to the background?

Cherry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast