Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 16-18, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-march-16-18-2018-a-t295523.html)

Raggiemom 03-15-2018 02:01 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 16-18, 2018

Welcome to the Virtual Quilting Weekend. This weekend I'm going to be packing projects for next weekend's quilt retreat. Plus I have a few baby quilts I'd like to finish. The sewing room could stand a little organizing (as usual!!!). And I might go to Quilters Day Out in Burlington KY on Saturday if the weather isn't too lousy. Now we'll see how much I can actually get done by Sunday night!

Next VQW is April 20-22.

QuiltingVagabond 03-15-2018 03:25 PM

Well howdy! I have lots of projects that are in that "nearly finished" stage, so I am in. Saturday I am going to a ruler/grid class with HQ educator Harriett Carpanini, so I may only have Sunday for serious sewing.
I will also be packing for our retreat- see you there Heather!

Ginaky 03-15-2018 03:47 PM

A friend and I are going to the Quilter's Day Out in Lexington Saturday.

thimblebug6000 03-15-2018 03:50 PM

Thanks, love the Virtual postings... hope I get to see them!

Boston1954 03-15-2018 03:56 PM

I'm in!!

1. hand quilting my "Masonry"
2. machine quilting a table runner for a friend here on the board
3. finishing a top with strips cut into triangles that I call "Converging Streets"

I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

petthefabric 03-15-2018 04:05 PM

Yes!!!!! Love it!!!!

happylab 03-15-2018 04:42 PM

Good evening. My main project to organize my sewing area downstairs. Easily a three day projects. I’m in the process of deciding what to keep and what to pass on to others. I’ll be going through sewing clothes fabric, quilting projects, yarn and books & magazines. In between i’m Working on putting together train mystery #18 top. I have 9 blocks together need to make 3 more blocks. And finally, quilt my reversible Olaf throw for my GN. I’ll post pic later.

Irishrose2 03-15-2018 05:32 PM

I'm definitely in. I started a quilt that wasn't on my schedule, so I need to get it done quickly. A huge fan made with a wedge ruler appliqued on a background. I will go to the AT&T store and see what I need to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer so I can post a picture.

kristakz 03-15-2018 05:34 PM

I'm in! Happy to be home this weekend for VQW -I'm a bit burnt out on retreats and need some quality time in my sewing room.

Tonight I finished binding a quilt. It's on my 2018 UFO list, and will be heading to a charity. When there's some decent light tomorrow I'll try to take a picture and post it. Now, what to work on this weekend ...

1. I have 4 charity quilts bundled with backs ready for quilting - but those will likely wait for another week or so. I burnt out on charity work last weekend.
2. I have 1 more March UFO I want to get done - so if I can make the backing for it while the current customer quilt finishes up tomorrow, it may get onto the longarm this weekend.
3. I'd like to get Winding Ways off my design wall (and 150 Canadian Women up), so that's high on the list - just one more row of blocks then the border transition to do.
4. And if I get tired of that, maybe I can get my block party quilt done.
Some organizing in the sewing room might have to happen before I can settle into those last 2 items, however.

Dedemac 03-15-2018 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in need to attach binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590907[/ATTACH]