Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 13-15, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-march-13-15-2020-a-t310119.html)

QuiltnNan 03-16-2020 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8368813)
Great fun to see what everyone is working on!

I'm still working on the Helen Godden 2017 BOM. It's one where you paint the individual blocks, then back them with batting and quilt them before assembling them with sashing into a top which is then sandwiched and lightly quilted. Anyway- today so far I've gotten block 12 quilted and block 13 painted, sandwiched and ready for quilting. All that's left is to paint and quilt block 14 and the large central part of the quilt. Then I have to put it away until next month so I can work on things that have deadlines LOL! Taking a break to read QB before working some more. I really need to get my UFO off the design wall and do some detail quilting so I can get it done...and there's a finished quilt that needs a hanging sleeve and label... and one of the collaborative pieces that DH and I are doing together...Here's some pics of the BOM. These 6 are the ones I did yesterday and today.

Rob
:sew::sew::sew:

Rob, those are so beautiful!

rryder 03-16-2020 03:19 AM

Neat top Tohkatz! Great way to use those scraps.

Thanks Sewbiz, QuiltnNan and Teen- Helen Godden has made some amazing quilts using these techniques. She is an Australian quilter and often does pieces that are inspired by Australian flowers and animals.

Thanks for hosting raggiemom. I look forward to these VQW every month.

Rob

QuiltMom2 03-16-2020 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltMom2 (Post 8368691)
I don't know if this counts, but I finished longarming a quilt for my BFF ( Sesame Street theme for her grandson , 18 months old. He can hardly contain himself when Elmo appears on the screen!) So, I gave that to her last night to trim and bind. Another friend had a beautiful stack and whack OBW that she completed in a class years ago, she had backing, binding top ready to go and then moved so it's been bagged up. I plan on spending a lot of time sewing this weekend and probably for the next couple of weeks.

OBW halfway quilted and that's all folks!

pbraun 03-16-2020 05:01 AM

I quilted 5 blocks on the first sampler quilt I made under the tutoring eyes of Sheila. While I messed up the backing using spray adhesive, I added pins and figured this would be a wash...it actually is turning out quite good for a beginner. Thanks to Sheila's watchful eyes corners meet, lines are straight and sashing almost straight, although the back is puckered. My DH accused me of running a sweat shop since I was sewing all day, but I was not sweating at all. It is good to have such an engaging hobby in this time of social distancing. Stay safe all.

QuiltnNan 03-16-2020 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8369268)
Neat top Tohkatz! Great way to use those scraps.

Thanks Sewbiz, QuiltnNan and Teen- Helen Godden has made some amazing quilts using these techniques. She is an Australian quilter and often does pieces that are inspired by Australian flowers and animals....Rob

Oddly, Rob, after seeing your blocks, I was browsing my FB feed and someone had done another of Helen's blocks... after your posting, I recognized them right away. :)

Cheshirepat 03-16-2020 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8368813)
Great fun to see what everyone is working on!

I'm still working on the Helen Godden 2017 BOM.(snip)..Here's some pics of the BOM. These 6 are the ones I did yesterday and today.

Rob
:sew::sew::sew:

These are so neat!! I love the blocks...

thimblebug6000 03-16-2020 04:27 PM

I did get my magnetic tape on my hanging...and am enjoying it on my front door... and also managed to pin baste my 2018 Row by Row quilt.... hard to keep track of things as we navigate through these troubled times....keep healthy everyone! And enjoy your quiet stitching time!