Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 13-15, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-march-13-15-2020-a-t310119.html)

Raggiemom 03-13-2020 03:44 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 13-15, 2020

Good morning and welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend. Looking forward to seeing what many of you are working on this weekend. I would love to finish my March UFO project, which is to add diamond borders to my Quiltsmart Lonestar. I'm using the Diamond smartpaks and then need to calculate the width of the inner border that connects the center to the diamond border. For some reason, I have a huge mental block when it comes to figuring out how to calculate that! Once I finish that, I have a couple projects I'm in the middle of that I would like to complete the tops.

So what are working on?

Next VQW will be April 10-12.

Snooze2978 03-13-2020 05:26 AM

I'm still recouping from rotor cuff surgery so no sewing or quilting for me. I've been taking the EQ classes online with Kari and we're working on t-shirt and panel layouts. I have a panel quilt I tried to design way before I started taking these classes but now I have an idea how to get my ideas on paper so will work on my layout this weekend. Have already sliced it vertically and added strips to make it wider. Luckily I have another panel of the same so I can take a photo of it and put it on my PC so I can make it look like how I have it now. Its been on hold for so long up on my design wall due to one of my rows I created. Now maybe I can get it figured out correctly. Wish me luck. Have loved these classes online with Kari as I never ready knew just how much you can do with EQ. I upgraded to EQ8 and that's when I decided to take the classes to learn how to use it to the fullest. Have learned so much.

Railroadersbrat 03-13-2020 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure yet what I'll be working on. I didn't do much quilting since the last VQW because I've been down sick with two stomach bugs, the flu, a myriad of migraines and now a cold and I'm still trying to recover from that.

I did manage to squeak out a tool organizer in between bouts of sickness, which proved to be a challenge because I wasn't able to get the actual pattern for it, so I eye-balled the whole thing. I've got a few more things to do with it before I can call it officially done, but I'm proud of it.

One way or the other, I'll be in my quilting room this weekend for certain. I love VQW's.

Doggramma 03-13-2020 05:40 AM

I have a red and white sampler quilt ready to sandwich. Hopefully I can get quilting on that this weekend.

Christine- 03-13-2020 06:03 AM

I'm babysitting my 3 month old grandson all day today so my sewing will start tomorrow. I have 2 QOV tops to put on the longarm. After those are done I'll sew more 2-1/2" blocks for the Circa 1880 quilt I'm making. It's going to be a busy VQW for me!

craftiladi 03-13-2020 06:12 AM

I haven't posted in forever. I just thought I would poke around to see what everyone is up to. The crud has taken over my life but hopefully going to work on 2 quick quilts for my living room this weekend.

juliasb 03-13-2020 06:14 AM

No sewing for me this weekend. I am only 2 days post op for my gallbladder. Doctor said I cannot life anything heavier than my shoes so that includes the project I am working on. Standing is still a bit of a challenge and I am still somewhat sore but getting better every day. Two weeks is what I have to deal with so this virtual weekend is out.

craftiladi 03-13-2020 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8368383)
No sewing for me this weekend. I am only 2 days post op for my gallbladder. Doctor said I cannot life anything heavier than my shoes so that includes the project I am working on. Standing is still a bit of a challenge and I am still somewhat sore but getting better every day. Two weeks is what I have to deal with so this virtual weekend is out.

Good luck :)

GingerK 03-13-2020 06:49 AM

Considering the state of the world, I think it is a great weekend to stay home and sew. I have a single size charity quilt top that is 3/4 put together. I would really like to finish that today. Plus a friend saw my new bag and asked if I would be willing to sell it. I have to add a magnetic closure to the top and then replace the binding. If I start now instead of sitting here for another hour, I just might get them both done today! Off to my sewing cave.

SewingSenior 03-13-2020 07:18 AM

Since it is raining like crazy outside so I can't do any pricing for the upcoming garage/estate sale, I think I'll sneak off to my sewing room and work on my LBB block #9. Rain...Rain...stay my way, turn this into a sewing day. Yea.