Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 13-15, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-march-13-15-2020-a-t310119.html)

Raggiemom 03-13-2020 04:00 PM

I'm always glad to host one of these! Anytime :)

snooze2978, railroadersbrat, and juliash---good luck with your recoveries! Plan some future projects!

Iceblossom, hope you've found something on here to motivate you. Sometimes we just lose our mojo.

I gave up on the Quiltsmart diamond smartpak. It just wasn't making sense to me. So I pulled out a Deb Tucker tool and am making diamond rects for the borders. Should finish that up tomorrow and then the top will be ready to drop off at the quilt shop to be quilted. Will check back in tomorrow morning.

Iceblossom 03-13-2020 04:09 PM

I did my two hours of straightening things up and while I still have a ways to go, things are looking better or at least about down to normal now. I found my red with white pin dot fabric, not at all where I thought it was and grabbed out a couple other things I may want for soon -- one of which might use the rest of that red and white dot. One of the ladies in my Tuesday group was commenting that my bias binding came out better than hers did and I said I'd bring a piece for a tutorial next group, so I'm committed to at least getting that done tomorrow now that I found the fabric. Will just be cutting the triangles and sewing the first seam, will show the trimming and the way I mark at group.

I've been thinking of doing the Canadian Row by Row project, we have a thread on that here with a link to the site.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/quilti...y-t310019.html

I pulled out some fabrics when it was still in a mystery stage for that but I'm rather glad I didn't get started with them. So far there are two easy rows released and plenty of time to get caught up if I can get started this week. Currently thinking of bright dog/cat prints and polka dots (including that binding yardage) with black as a background...

petthefabric 03-13-2020 04:53 PM

I'll be checking in and quilting as much as possible. I think this weekend will be LA.

Belfrybat 03-13-2020 05:06 PM

I'm so glad to have found this. Just what I needed! I'm working on a charity quilt top. I don't like the way it's turning out, but will finish it. I also have three quilts to quilt for our prayer quilt ministry at the church. Plus I haven't touched Bonnie Hunter's Frolic for weeks or the Cuts and Bolts NYE mystery. For sure I need to do the quilting, but not sure which other project I will work on.
Toehkatz - I saw that tute as well. It does look quick and easy. If I do it I'll make it much smaller. I'd be interested in your take on the pattern after you've made some blocks.

Teen 03-13-2020 07:23 PM

It's been a few VQW ago since I've partipcated but this weekend I'm all for it. I will be working on a current WIP sampler that has been kitted for a year, then packed, then moved 1,000 miles and stored...so, I'm super happy to be finally working on it. Also, Sunday is our 33rd anniversary and we decided to just hang out and be together, do nothing, flake out in front of TV, which I typically and rarely do, so I'll be doing some of the EPP and applique blocks for the sampler while flaking. Perfect!

Good luck on your projects everyone!

Teen 03-13-2020 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Railroadersbrat (Post 8368372)
I'm not sure yet what I'll be working on. I didn't do much quilting since the last VQW because I've been down sick with two stomach bugs, the flu, a myriad of migraines and now a cold and I'm still trying to recover from that.

I did manage to squeak out a tool organizer in between bouts of sickness, which proved to be a challenge because I wasn't able to get the actual pattern for it, so I eye-balled the whole thing. I've got a few more things to do with it before I can call it officially done, but I'm proud of it.

One way or the other, I'll be in my quilting room this weekend for certain. I love VQW's.

This is turning out great. I love the fabrics you chose. Amazing you did this without a pattern. You go, girl! Hope you feel better this weekend and kick the bugs that have been attacking you for good...

Tish05 03-13-2020 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Raggiemom for hosting! I'd like to join in this weekend. We have company in from Atlanta, Georgia (my older brother and two of his sons), but they're staying at my younger brother's house so they aren't here all the time. I'm working on my Dream Big OBW for our bed. I'm up to the stage of sewing the strips together, so I'm sure I'll get some of them done this weekend. This is my starting point. We'll see where I get to by the end of the weekend.

Rff1010 03-13-2020 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just needs a binding!

Quiltah Mama 03-14-2020 02:06 AM

Thank you Raggiemom for hosting. I forgot VQW was this weekend. The gift shop I sew for at the local hospital contacted me that they needed baby quilts asap, so I did work on some what I call "cheater" quilts yesterday, am I suppose to feel guilty using these panels?:o (the presewn blocks that you buy yardage of) I cut and sandwiched 8 baby quilts, got 5 sewn and ready to finish today. I also have been working on "bibdannas" for the gift shop too, I bought a snap setting tool, Dritz last weekend and got the snaps onto the bibs, that was a new to me tool so was fun to learn and figure out yesterday, so easy, I can see where I will be using this tool for other projects. I had intended to post pictures with this thread and just realized I have no paperclip to attach them. I will post pictures later of my projects. Happy sewing everyone, and for those of you under the weather or recovering from surgery, I hope you are feeling back to yourselves again soon.

WMUTeach 03-14-2020 03:10 AM

My list is not long but I am trying to be reasonable.....
1. finish hand stitching the binding on a baby quilt
2. cut a gazillion 5" blocks and turn them into half square triangles.
3. prepackage envelopes for the birthday swap when I get tired of HST
4. make pie for pi day! Yummmmm