Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-march-14-17-2019-a-t303593.html)

cashs_mom 03-14-2019 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie R (Post 8225484)
I'll be sewing on binding tomorrow when my charity quilt group gets together. Then I'll be packing to head down to Pigeon Forge for Mountain Quiltfest on Monday. YAY! Can't wait.

You lucky thing! I so want to go to Mountain Quiltfest. I have a quilting friend who lives in Crossville, TN and I could visit her, too! Some day . . .

SillySusan 03-14-2019 06:26 PM

I'm in!

I posted on the Moratorium thread that I'm starting on four baby quilts using a conveyor belt process. Doing all the cutting for all of them, block making, top constructing, sandwiching, etc.. I have found all the fabric I need in my stash. It's a collection of identical prints in 4 different colors... red, green, yellow and blue, with little white "baby" in rows. I plan to use some white fabric with them also. I'll use different patterns on each of them.

I did 5 quilts using this method and just yesterday I finished the very last bit of hand binding on the last one. It was a great feeling to say, "I finished 5 quilts today!"

rryder 03-14-2019 07:55 PM

I’m in. Just have to decide which partially quilted object to work on...

Rob

Sync 03-14-2019 08:28 PM

Okay, I'm in .............. I want to finish quilting the mini quilt in my hoop and get the binding on it. I'm also still working my applique basket blocks. Can't wait to see progress photos .............

sewbizgirl 03-14-2019 08:41 PM

I’ll join in... I am working on blocks of three different tops. I hope to make some good progress. Today I made 6 diaper covers and soakers for a baby gift. Tomorrow I can get back to my quilts.

Nesie 03-15-2019 03:36 AM

I'm in! Didn't do last months VQW-just didn't have my mojo. Finishing up some bibs for a neighbor's baby and then working on completing a UFO quilt for an upcoming quilt show my guild is hosting in June. If I get that done, I want to make a decision on a which sampler quilt I would like to do. I have a few books and patterns to choose from.
Boston the day you have planned sounds great!
Sewingitalltogether I love,love,love your Jen Kingwell quilt-beautiful!

Karamarie 03-15-2019 03:43 AM

Our small (8) quilting group is having a quilt day on Saturday. We just get together and work on whatever project we have, eat potluck, and gab. I think it is National Quilt Day on Saturday.

QuiltMom2 03-15-2019 03:52 AM

I'll play too! I'm hoping to finish quilting a quilt that may be destined for a homeless shelter and I've got other quilt tops lined up. Working intermittently on some crazy quilted heart ornaments for both spring sale and fall Holly Mart sale.

Battle Axe 03-15-2019 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610330[/ATTACH]I've signed up for Bonnie Hunter's Smith Mountain Morning workshop. I'm the kind of person who wants to be a step ahead, so I'm going to try to make one before hand. Then Bonnie can refine my techniques when I take the class. This is all out of scraps: cut off edges from the 108 backings.

Yes, I see the center.....Yikes.

cindyb 03-15-2019 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Julie R (Post 8225484)
I'll be sewing on binding tomorrow when my charity quilt group gets together. Then I'll be packing to head down to Pigeon Forge for Mountain Quiltfest on Monday. YAY! Can't wait.

Hey!!!! That's where I will be next week also!!!