Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-nov-26-29-2020-a-t313247.html)

vadalia 11-28-2020 10:08 PM

The Merry Mayhem Mystery Quilt fabric requirements were just posted so tomorrow is going to be spent neck deep in my fabric stash. Possibly also googling what the description "a traditional central medallion setting" means as that will apparently be part of the quilt. It's been a good while since I laid out my entire stash so I'm looking forward to it.

Panchita 11-28-2020 11:39 PM

I finished my Moda project bag and am really pleased with how it turned out.

Now I've moved on to a long anticipated project - Christmas stockings for me, DH, and DS. It's not like we don't all already have various Christmas stockings in the house, but I want to make one specifically for each of us. It's going well so far. I've made the first one (using Marie Bostwick's pattern, although I've made up my own instructions since I wanted to avoid raw edges), so we'll see if I can make a decent second one....

Raggiemom 11-29-2020 05:22 AM

mrs, fitz--glad you're joining us.

panchita--I'll have to check out Marie Bostwick's stocking pattern, Her books are always so well written also.

Railroadersbrat 11-29-2020 07:48 AM

Well, the migraine did hit but not until around 4pm yesterday afternoon. Luckily Butters had already alerted me so I knew it was coming. I'm in recovery mode right now, not sure how much will get done today considering I woke up to thick clouds and chilly, we're due for rain and the last time I checked NOAA, they keep wanting to put snow in the forecast. This is the worst time of the year for me, spring is a close second.

I did remember when I was just about to fall asleep after I took my meds that I could have had a project going this weekend, I completely forgot to get my sister's Mini-Double Wedding Ring wall hanging started. Depending on how things go later, I may get the rest of her fabric out and at least cut the pieces. I feel like such a cad for not remembering the wall hanging, she's actually supposed to be here over Christmas and I think I have enough batting that I could have finished that so she could take it home with her. Not going to put myself in that kind of bind, I still have to wait to get the thread, batting and backing for her full-size quilt, but it would have been nice to send her home with something.

QuiltingVagabond 11-29-2020 07:54 AM

I finished trimming the first clue of the Bonnie Hunter mystery. One of the easier clues she has ever had. I may have to find another project to work on before the next clue comes out on Friday.

oksewglad 11-29-2020 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by vadalia (Post 8437875)
The Merry Mayhem Mystery Quilt fabric requirements were just posted so tomorrow is going to be spent neck deep in my fabric stash. Possibly also googling what the description "a traditional central medallion setting" means as that will apparently be part of the quilt. It's been a good while since I laid out my entire stash so I'm looking forward to it.

I just checked this mystery out..Kinda of curious on how it will finish up. I am looking for a medallion setting for a quilt for my sister but it must be queen sized.

Karamarie 11-29-2020 12:14 PM

Has anyone started the Bonnie Hunter quilt which usually has the first part on line on Black Friday? Don't know if I will do this one this year.

Quiltah Mama 11-29-2020 05:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 629916Attachment 629917
I did get all the blocks made for the Harmony quilt. As I said earlier, this is an order. This will be a BLM quilt for a young man. I have done some the stencilling, but ran out of my paint, more is in the mail. So I switched over to the jelly roll rugs, got two stitched together this weekend also, so all in all I got a lot done and am happy. 😁
Will keep checking in to see everyone's progress this weekend. Thank you Raggiemom for hosting, looking forward to the next VQW. Stay safe everyone, and sew on......

Julienm1 11-29-2020 05:53 PM

Since I normally make too many blocks for projects, I was very careful with piecing and now I need to sew more! Didn't get this done like I wanted to but tomorrow is another quilting day. Did I mention I really enjoy being retired. Contacted PL coordinator in NM and she will allow me to us flannel sheets for backing so my sandwich will not have any filling...lol. Speeds up the process a bit.

Are we going to do this over New Years? New Years Eve is on a Thursday!!!

WMUTeach 11-30-2020 04:17 AM

Well, VQW members, even with a reality check I did not get my list completed. This was truly a low quilting week-end. Beautiful meal for one, lots of Christmas movies but no finishes on quilting projects. https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

1. Add binding to the three Mini Charming Trees. (Two almost finished. Decided to add hanging tabs to all three.)
2. Make sashing for my Ice Leopard Mystery quilt. (finished the last block but no more.
3. Make 2 sets of potholders for gifts. (No progress at all. Just no heart for it.)

Between projects I want to put up Christmas decorations and nibble on leftovers. (Success! decorations are up. Fall decorations are moved to storage. The left overs have been eaten or moved to the freezer.)

See every one in December and on New Year's Day!