Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- November 10-12, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-november-10-12-2017-a-t292475.html)

kristakz 11-11-2017 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. I finished quilting my Christmas Tree/All Wrapped Up quilt. And two more Christmas projects are loaded up and ready to quilt tomorrow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583723[/ATTACH]

Kp3690 11-11-2017 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 7941729)
I did get two more blocks done last night before I collapsed into bed. I'm worried that BH mystery will have a lot of those little black corners which for me are a time eater. I just can't do them very fast. She wants everyone to have that Doug Leko ruler, that's my clue that there will be lots of them.

Glad DH did not have a stroke. Bell's Palsy is enough.

Marcia

P.S. kp3590 .....if you can't get a table there in Ship, come out to the Coppertop and have a tempura fried green apple chicken roasted sandwich. Plus their fries are totally yummy too.

That sounds amazing! We did end up getting a table, but now I want to go back soon to get that!

sewbizgirl 11-11-2017 08:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my progress today on my son's birthday quilt... My board buddy, Givio, and I did a BOM together, each doing two of each block using recycled plaid shirts! Then we sent the extra blocks to each other, so we each had 24. I was quilting mine as they were completed, planning to do QAYG. At some point I realized I needed the quilt bigger than 24 12" blocks would make. So I have been feeling my way though making a wide sashing QAYG, something I have never done before. It involves inserting pieces of batting in the sashings and then quilting on top of them. I'm using a simple diamond quilting pattern for the sashing. All the blocks were quilted differently. Here are the first two rows joined...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583731[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583732[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 11-11-2017 08:50 PM

Kristakz, the All Wrapped Up quilt turned out so beautifully! I was hoping you would only quilt the background and let the packages pop forward. Wonderful quilting!

kristakz 11-11-2017 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7942383)
Kristakz, the All Wrapped Up quilt turned out so beautifully! I was hoping you would only quilt the background and let the packages pop forward. Wonderful quilting!

Thanks sewbizgirl. I wasn't sure the quilting showed up in the photo. I decided to just outline the packages and ribbons, despite my dislike of doing STID :)

QuiltnNan 11-12-2017 05:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I managed to get the top sewn together yesterday, thanks to this thread... keeping me motivated and focused. i'm not sure I have the batting needed and have to dig for a backing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583752[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 11-12-2017 05:08 AM

Great job on the top, Nan.

NoraB 11-12-2017 05:18 AM

mhollifiel....thanks for the information on Pinepple quilts! I don't have a sewing machine, but with the 3 grandchildren......I probably won't have time to sew anyway. BUT, I definitely will check out Pineapple quilts.......I am always ready to check out a new quilt store! My son's family is selling their house (they have jobs in Texas).....so we are staying here until the house sells.....they are already in Texas! A showing today....so have to be out of the house for a few hours. Going bowling!

Raggiemom 11-12-2017 05:52 AM

I have really enjoyed seeing what everyone worked on yesterday. I quilted Friday and finished a UFO. But spent most of yesterday in bed sleeping thanks to the head cold my husband shared with me! I hope to finish another project today as I would like to put in the mail this week. Then I will try to figure out how to get pictures on the i-phone saved to OneDrive so I can access them on my computer and share!

Will check back in later.

Also, wondered if there would be any interest in a one day VQW on New Years Day?

kristakz 11-12-2017 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 7942510)
Also, wondered if there would be any interest in a one day VQW on New Years Day?

Yes please!