Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--November 9-11, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-november-9-11-2018-a-t300791.html)

ArtsyOne 11-12-2018 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What gorgeous projects you all have been doing! I'm still muddling through the jelly roll rug. Managed to unsew the entire thing and start over. Got to about the 6th round and the wavy sides reappeared. I unsewed it again and started all over, making the center strips smaller. That seemed to go great, but apparently I was going to end up with a round rug. I don't need a round rug. I'm going to take it all apart again and maybe just cut into lengths.[ATTACH=CONFIG]603915[/ATTACH]
Whatever I'm doing with the sides makes it wavy, but I'm a genius at the ends where everyone else seems to have their problems ;o)

Grannies G 11-12-2018 05:31 PM

What a cute rug love the colors. Today it seems my seam ripper is my best friend too. Still have nine more blocks to take apart and do over. I discovered why some of my feathers were so far off. I need to sew the center shaft piece from top to bottom on one side and bottom to top on the other. I am amazed at how much some of you get done on these weekends.

SillySusan 11-12-2018 06:02 PM

So many of y'all did so much!! Great jobs!!

I completed only 3 and 1/2 of the bindings on the baby quilts. That's exactly 1/2 of the quilts I was planning to finish this weekend. I got sidetracked with other stuff. One day I may get caught up and organized. LOL! Never happen. I just get the quilts to the binding stage and add them to the pile. When the VQWs come, I just can't do all of them in the pile, so I'll never get to the bottom of it. See y'all next time.

Brook 11-12-2018 06:10 PM

Thanks for the fun weekend. I did manage to get my top quilted and hope to bind it this week. Feline your piecing skills are wonderful. Beautiful quilt, both sides. There’s so many inspiring things to see here it’s hard to comment on each one but please know they are all appreciated. That’s for welcoming a newcomer. See you next month?

lawsonmugs 11-12-2018 06:56 PM

I sure enjoyed peeking in on all of you. Such nice things being finished and worked on. Thanks for all the nice pictures.

sewbizgirl 11-12-2018 07:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I ended up unable to get to work today, due to flooding in my area. So I was housebound and forced to sew! Got my quilt from the first two 9 patch swaps done. I love it! It was so much fun to quilt, looking at all the wonderful fabrics. This one is for Me!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603962[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 11-12-2018 07:13 PM

Thanks everyone, for another fun VQW!

Battle Axe 11-13-2018 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Of course I've got a story. Here is how far I got on this Autumn Sampler before I mis-cut the last scrap of the red sashing. So I hit the panic button and put an ISO (In Search Of) on this board and a most kind soul (Summitbay) found some using DuckDuckGo which I had not thought of. That find was in Texas and so I ordered 3 yards.

Then this a.m. I looked at that Smart (Smartiepants) phone and discovered that one of the LQS ...some distance away that I could not drive to....had found some as well and was holding 5 yards for me. I could not tell her no, so I ordered 2 more yards. Hopefully, one of these shipements will be the correct dyelot and I will get this UFO off my plate.

All we ever do is have fun. This coming weekend, my neighbor Amish family and I are going to an "odds and ends" furniture auction. These are pieces of furniture that don't match or an incomplete set of chairs. What I'm looking for is a glass case to store my quilts.[ATTACH=CONFIG]603976[/ATTACH]

Yes, Sewbizgirl, thanks for all the help and encouragements

SillySusan 11-13-2018 05:50 AM

Seewbizgirl, what a great quilt!! I would keep this one forever!

Sorry to hear y'all had flooding. I live on a creek that I keep an eye on during heavy rains ... like the recent hurricanes. Fortunately, the only flooding I ever had here was in the garage. No damage done.

sewbizgirl 11-13-2018 07:58 AM

Loving that sashing, Battle Axe! Glad you were able to get more red.