Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--November 9-11, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-november-9-11-2018-a-t300791.html)

Raggiemom 11-08-2018 04:16 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--November 9-11, 2018

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend! Before I forget, next month will be an extended weekend so you can finish those gifts! Dates are December 20-24.

So what are you working on this month? I am still behind on BOMs. I would love to get up to date on those and get some Christmas ornaments done. I had a mental list of projects I would like to complete before year's end and actually wrote them down on to-do lists for November and December. It was a bit depressing! I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next seven weeks :)

As always, please feel free to share pictures of what you're working on. Hopefully I'll be able to post some this time.

Battle Axe 11-08-2018 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603693[/ATTACH]I put my navy bear paw back in the tub. I was just tired of looking at it. Now on the design wall is an Autumn Sampler by Judit Hajdu from quilt fox designs. It is one of my UFOs and it was that one's turn to come out of the tub and see if I could advance it at all. There are 17 blocks and I have 8 done plus one sashing.

I got my Good Fortune BHMQ fabrics today. I'm going to swap out one of the blues for some blueberry fabric and may be one of the greens. Pictured here. But into a new tub they go as we have no clues yet.

Battle Axe 11-08-2018 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603694[/ATTACH]Autunm Sampler by Quilt Fox Designs. Working on my 8th block.

Boston1954 11-08-2018 05:37 PM

A little wall hanging for my wonderful brother-in-law. He always sends us cute stuff for Halloween, I plan to surprise him for Christmas.

Battle Axe, I love the blocks you have started.

SillySusan 11-08-2018 06:22 PM

As usual, I have several baby quilts that need to have their bindings attached, and three tops that need sandwiching, etc. I have a couple dozen finished quilts, 24 crib sheets, and lots of other odds and ends ready to be taken to the pregnancy center. I'll deliver them right after the VQW and add the ones I finish this weekend.

cashs_mom 11-08-2018 06:42 PM

I'm going to be at Quilt Festival this weekend so I won't be sewing, but I'll be looking in here in the evenings to see what others are doing.

sewbizgirl 11-08-2018 07:41 PM

Your sampler blocks are gorgeous, Battle Axe. Love the fall colors. That's going to be a pretty quilt.

I finished some blocks today that I needed to enlarge hubby's bed quilt. I have to remove the binding on two sides and add two more vertical rows and one horizontal one. Since the quilt is done, I will have to add the new rows and Quilt-As-You-Go, then put the binding back on, adding some additional length. Maybe I'll get to that this weekend.

What I really want to do is some flannel rag quilts in animal shapes. I've had patterns and fabric standing by for several months. So we will see if I am good and finish hubby's quilt, or bad and jump into a completely new project! :D

zozee 11-08-2018 07:57 PM

I plan to do the quilting on grandbaby boy's quilt tomorrow, and start the binding. Just heard that my DIL was at the OBGYN this morning and both twins are in birth position, she is 1 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and the doctor could feel the top of Baby A's head! (Baby A is always the one closest to the cervix--a fact I did not know until this pregnancy.)
So..... I am positively jumpy every time I get a notification on my phone!!

Battle Axe 11-08-2018 08:11 PM

Wow, SBG, looks like a lot of work for Hubby's quilt. Did he suddenly grow?

Oh boy zozee, looks like we will have some news soon.

quiltingshorttimer 11-08-2018 09:31 PM

I'm in--almost finished a tunic dress for daughter that is going to Nepal in late Oct for volunteer work for a month--dang fabric is so slippery--my Mom would have called it sleezy! So ready for some cotton quilting fabrics! It's snowing here south of Kansas City and I'm hoping school gets called off tomorrow (wet roads freezing overnight) so I can work on a customer quilt on LA and even get started on a wall hanging that will be siblings Christmas presents--keep your fingers crossed!