Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--November 9-11, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-november-9-11-2018-a-t300791.html)

petthefabric 11-09-2018 02:23 AM

Yeh! I've had a very busy week and ready to quilt. Don't care what it is, just so I get to touch fabric. Also must do laundry and clean dishes.

And, it's already Friday so I could start now. We'll see, it's also bedtime. With insomnia bedtime is whenever I can convince my brain to go to sleep.

sewbizgirl 11-09-2018 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 8158230)
Wow, SBG, looks like a lot of work for Hubby's quilt. Did he suddenly grow?

Oh boy zozee, looks like we will have some news soon.

LOL, no, I just didn’t make it quite large enough. It only just barely reaches across the top of his bed, from edge to edge. When I enlarge it, it will have about a foot overhang all the way around the bed.

So excited for you, Zozee! Remember, we love pictures...

Rhonda K 11-09-2018 03:41 AM

Great! I need a sewing weekend as I just started a new quilt. Would love to have it finished for a Christmas/Birthday celebration for a special friend turning 92.

My son and I will meet up for get together on Saturday to celebrate a big success for him.

Enjoy Stitching!

ArtsyOne 11-09-2018 03:50 AM

It snowed last night and continues this morning, so I have the perfect excuse to hunker down after work today and unsew that pesky jelly roll rug with the huge waves in it.

jmoore 11-09-2018 03:53 AM

Yay...I finally get to participate. DH is going to visit his 98 yr old mother in Massachusetts and I get the house to myself.

Patrice, I’m jealous that you will be at the Quilt show. It’s on my bucket list. Don’t forget to post photos.

SBG, your task of adding to your DH’s quilt sounds a little daunting...have you already constructed the additional blocks?

Zozee, what an exciting time for you and your family. Grandbabies are such a joy.

I am going to piece the backing for ORL as I finally got the yardage in the mail from Craftsy (it was on sale). I also received a piece of Moda grunge in Chiffon (yellow) in the mail that I could not get at my LQS which I am going to use to finish the checkerboard blocks and sashing of Long Time Gone so I can get it assembled.

rryder 11-09-2018 04:34 AM

Don’t know how much sewing I’ll get done, but I’ll be checking in to see what everyone’s working on.

Rob

QuiltingVagabond 11-09-2018 07:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Great timing for VQW! Today I am packing up to attend a Bonnie Hunter class in the morning. I will be starting her Midnight Flight, but I have tweaked the colors a bit. Last weekend I was at a retreat, so I have a Podunk Pretties design to put the last borders on and then it will be finished. Here are my Midnight Flight fabrics and the center section of Sweet Sixteen.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603702[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603703[/ATTACH]
Marcia, your Autumn sampler is so pretty!

Boston1954 11-09-2018 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I got the machine quilting done. Just a simple echo of the fractured jar. I sewed the first two sides of the binding, (the machine part). This evening I will do the hand stitching while I watch some television. It will be done by tomorrow, so I have to think of something else to work on.

Battle Axe 11-09-2018 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Boston and Vagabond....your skill amazes me. Just really creative.

I must have fallen asleep at the sewing machine, as I woke up to this in my lap.[ATTACH=CONFIG]603706[/ATTACH]

The directions said to find a printer that enlarged the template to ?? and now I remember this block is why it became a UFO in the first place.

I'm still struggling with it.

Raggiemom 11-09-2018 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603716[/ATTACH]

I finished some ornaments!