Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   VSMS Retreat??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vsms-retreat-t107645.html)

BoJangles 03-15-2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Billy I love this idea!!
But I have no idea where Bikini Bottom is ~!!~ lol

Keep me posted!

I love sueisallaboutquilts' answer! I do know where "Bikini Bottom" is, but it is too far for me this time around! Although, it would be a fun trip!

Nancy

Kitzone 03-15-2011 08:17 PM

What an excellent idea! This might sound a little off the mark but maybe we could setup several "stations" for different educational opportunities. Treadle free motion quilting. Cleaning and maintenance. Restoration of cabinets (Glenn??) Handcrank Conversions. Attendees might even bring a "project machine" from home, rotate through each station and have 1:1 time to ask questions and have a chance for hands on .... Sorry if this wasn't the direction you were thinking just throwing out some ideas.

Did I mention the coffee and lemon bars station? :D

I would love to attend whatever the agenda!

Lostn51 03-15-2011 10:09 PM

Hey put all the ideas you guys want out here so we can pick and choose what we will be doing.

I was thinking of a game of "Who can put the Singer 66 back together the fastest" and the winner could take the machine home with them.

I was on the Hot Rod Magazines "Power Tour" one year and they had a contest to see who could build the motor the fastest and it had to run from the first turn of the key! I forgot how many teams of 3 they had but the team I was on almost had the fastest time. But the contest was so much fun!!

Billy

vintagemotif 03-15-2011 11:32 PM

I would love to attend, but it is a bit far for me...so, I will have to wait.

HisPatchwork 03-16-2011 04:45 AM

Sounds great! We are 3 hours from Chattanooga and have stayed in some cabins somewhere near Racoon Mountain. Would love to learn free motion on my treadle...haven't learned on my newer machine yet...would rather learn on my treadle.

MarieM 03-16-2011 06:13 AM

I would love to attend, depending on when/where it is. Living in MT, I already have some company scheduled for 3 weeks in June, one week in July and 2 weeks in August. How come no one ever comes in December?

What about Reel Foot Lake in TN or Pickwick. AR would be good as well.

I'd like to see demonstrations on cleaning, and perhaps Glenn could do something on getting cabinets cleaned up and repaired etc. Of course, I like the ideas already mentioned by others.

Just my 2 cents.

Marie M.

Kitzone 03-16-2011 08:24 AM

I have several different types of SM's with all kinds of attachments but never seem to have enough time to get them out and use them. Tried a binder foot once... maybe I need more practice.

Could we possibly have a demo on how to use attachments? :roll:

Judy

quilt addict 03-16-2011 11:39 AM

I love everyone's ideas. Billy was thinking if had two things two events to go to it would be easier to talk myself into it.

I love the idea of demo's on all the different attachments. I don't have time to figure them out either. But I would like to just hang out, too hard to bring a machine on the airplane to play with.

BoJangles 03-16-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
I have several different types of SM's with all kinds of attachments but never seem to have enough time to get them out and use them. Tried a binder foot once... maybe I need more practice.

Could we possibly have a demo on how to use attachments? :roll:

Judy

Judy, I love all the ideas, but especially having someone demonstrate how to use all the different attachments!

Nancy

Shemjo 03-16-2011 01:04 PM

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting. I want to know where and when. I might be able to participate, but the cost of gas is a caution.