Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   VSMS Retreat??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vsms-retreat-t107645.html)

Lostn51 03-14-2011 12:48 PM

Okay guys we all know it is going to be a wonderful spring and summer coming up and was wondering if you would be interested in a Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Retreat.

Of course this will be a family type of gathering and more than likely be a weekend type of retreat at a State Park or someplace like that. That way we all can stay at the park in cabins or the camp ground which ever you would like. We want activities for us and our loved ones who might would like to hit the golf course or go fishing or something like that. Of course there will be a huge cook out and lots of socializing going on.

So if I can get everything organized what would you guys be interested in doing? Any suggestions are welcome and I am hoping that this will be something that we can move around to different parts of the country each year to let everyone have a chance at coming.

So let me have your ideas and lets see what we can do about possibly having a get together!!

Billy

quilt addict 03-14-2011 01:16 PM

Billy, I think this is a great idea. I am sure you are doing the first retreat near you to start it off. Any thoughts to date. If you can make it near the ISMACs convention I may be able to do one trip and hit both events.

You can count on me for a west coast version in future years.

:D

Lostn51 03-14-2011 01:22 PM

Your going to Nashville for the ISMACS convention? :-D

Billy

sueisallaboutquilts 03-14-2011 07:22 PM

Billy I love this idea!!
But I have no idea where Bikini Bottom is ~!!~ lol

Keep me posted!

Lostn51 03-14-2011 08:06 PM

Well give me some ideas as to what you guys would be interested in doing. It will more than likely be here in Tennessee first off but I was also thinking about Petit Jean Mountain State Park in Arkansas, or Hot Springs Arkansas.

Billy

tomilu 03-15-2011 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well give me some ideas as to what you guys would be interested in doing. It will more than likely be here in Tennessee first off but I was also thinking about Petit Jean Mountain State Park in Arkansas, or Hot Springs Arkansas.

Billy

AR would be great!!

kwendt 03-15-2011 11:13 AM

I'd love to come, but it's a bit far away from me. I'd still think about it though! If gas were not so expensive. I love the idea!!!! Keep me in the loop, maybe I can get hubby to come camp with me... he's fun. And he's impressed with Billy's blue and gold flake wonder Singer pictures. lol....

Sew and Sew 2 03-15-2011 06:16 PM

I would love to attend. Since I am here in TN no problem, just name the place and time.

Lostn51 03-15-2011 06:28 PM

I am still running the logistics through my head and seeing what might work and what would we do. Do we want it to be more of a laid back kinda hang out and do things type of feel to it of do we want to have a class type of setting or both.

Billy

tomilu 03-15-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I am still running the logistics through my head and seeing what might work and what would we do. Do we want it to be more of a laid back kinda hang out and do things type of feel to it of do we want to have a class type of setting or both.

Billy

I think some of both, and perhaps swap and sell section.