Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wal-Mart Fabric Department News (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wal-mart-fabric-department-news-t87456.html)

Daisydoodle 01-04-2011 02:45 PM

Our local walmart, small town, built a super Walmart, when they switched away went the fabric. All the super has is machines and notions. The reasoning here was that the didn't want to pay the cutters to stand around...Ha...they were always busy. There is another small walmart 19 miles west of me that still has some bolts, patterns etc. Just not as much as they used to have. We can continue hoping!

Justlucy 01-04-2011 02:58 PM

One of the ones near us kept their fabric on the bolts but the others took it right out. I love some of the cloth I buy at walmart

Justlucy 01-04-2011 02:58 PM

One of the ones near us kept their fabric on the bolts but the others took it right out. I love some of the cloth I buy at walmart

Toto's Mom 01-04-2011 03:08 PM

Numbers of us started writing and emailing our Wal-marts 5 years ago, when we heard they were taking fabrics out. Here in N. TX, they took fabrics out of both stores that are within 25 miles of either side of me. Just have the shabby pre-cuts and quarters. Most of it not fit for doggie bandanas.
If I can't buy fabrics at Wal-mart, I have found better prices on everything else I once bought there, too. I just don't go there any more for anything.
If they bring back decent, reasonable fabrics, I would spend there again for other things. Not until then.

alageeps 01-04-2011 03:32 PM

does anyone have the 800 number to call wallmart???? WM in Conway NH still has material and I want to call and keep it that way, athough they seem to have lessened the material that they get... can't afford the LQS and Joannes is going up.. has been for a while but, with sale it is better. thanks

sewingsuz 01-04-2011 03:33 PM

That would be great if it happens. thanks for the hope.

Glenda m 01-04-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pickles
I was in one of our Wal-Marts in Nov. and they said it was here to stay and matter of fact would be moving it to the front of the building and enlarging it and also bring it back to the Wal -mart Center on 1-40 as well and she said there was talk of
a man that was going to open another Fabric retail store here as well. :D I really like the sounds of that :-D

I-40 runs on the south side of my town and Wally World is there on the west. I wish they would bring back the fabric dept. The LQS closed and the closest is Hancock 13 miles east. I worked in the fabric department till they shut it down and I retired. Told them they were making a mistake then and still think so. One can only hope. And management does have a lot to do with it!!!

sewingsuz 01-04-2011 03:42 PM

This is all we have in our area. I have to drive 120 miles round trip to get material and supplies. I hate it. They only have the precut. They also increased the electronic department.

sewingsuz 01-04-2011 03:46 PM

that is bad for us.. I agree

sewingsuz 01-04-2011 03:47 PM

I am moving to where everyou are.