Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walking foot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walking-foot-t97269.html)

MommaDorian 02-07-2011 11:56 AM

I love mine. I've found I use it for more than I originally bought it for. I wouldn't have been able to do my Bow Tuck Tote without it, as well as my denim rag quilt.

elseebee 02-07-2011 11:58 AM

I LOVE my walking foot. My first machine when I started quilting didn't have one. Once I got one for my second Bernina, I can't imagine life without it. I'm still a novice quilter (can't FMQ yet), so it's vital that I be able to do straight line quilting on my machine. (use it for the binding, too)

misseva 02-07-2011 12:15 PM

LOVE MINE!!!

misseva 02-07-2011 12:15 PM

LOVE MINE!!! I piece with mine. It's a generic that I paid $24.95 for over 10 years ago to use on my little Kenmore. Works on my Brother and my old Singer.

So - out of everyone who's answered we have 2 that don't like a walking foot???

penski 02-07-2011 12:42 PM

they work great for putting a binding on !!

redeagle 02-07-2011 01:01 PM

Too bad Bernina attachments are not interchangeable. I paid $40. for a walking foot for my Bernina 1031 approx 20 yrs ago and that took my breath away. 10 yrs ago I paid $95. for a walking foot for my Bernina 180. That said, I would scrub floors if necessary in order to get the money to purchase a walking foot. That is how essential I find one.

IDquilter 02-07-2011 01:14 PM

I like mine, I have a Janome. I use it for attaching the binding, works great.

Jennifer22206 02-07-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by vschieve
Jennifer,
That sounds like a cold hearted LQS and for now on would take my business elsewhere. I can't believe the lack of support here.

I have a Pfaff that has built in IDT, (Integrated Dual Feed) right there on the machine so it doesn't need a walking foot, but my older Pfaffs do require one. I bought the WF for the older Pfaff two years ago from a Pfaff dealer in Wisconsin. I talked to him and ordered it over the phone and he told me that many of them are plastic but the one he has for my Pfaff 262 was ALL metal. I had to raise the thread cutter on the back of the pressure bar before I could put the WF on but it works like a charm. I love it. You might give him a call to see if he has one for your particular make or go to his website and email him.

Accurate Sewing Center
14636 W. National Ave.
New Berlin, WI 53151
www.accusew.com
[email protected]
(262) 782-2225

Vernell in Austin

Thanks so much for the info. I'll give the website a browse and probably call. Appreciate the info.

DJ 02-07-2011 01:28 PM

I got one for DD's sewing machine. She said it was the wrong one and wouldn't work, so when I visited her, I showed her how to put it on. Now she won't sew without it!

Tamara 02-07-2011 01:38 PM

Thanks so much everyone...I'm going to town tomorrow morning so I will stop by my LQS to pick one up.
Again thank you ALL.