Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart carries Warm & Natural batting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-carries-warm-natural-batting-t39009.html)

fabric-holic 03-09-2010 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
I've been pooched-lip since the clerk at Walmart told me they would not be replacing the stock of fabric that has been sold.......they are doing away with the fabric. Really makes me sad.

My WalMart got rid of its fabric this winter and I MISSED THE SALE :-( I don't go there much (obviously) but I would have loved to grab some of their fabric.

katier825 03-09-2010 04:15 AM

The Joann's near me often has the 90" on sale for $5.99/yd. You'd get twice as much for your money buying it on sale there, rather than Walmart.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-09-2010 04:24 AM

Our Wal-mart has 60 inch Warm and Natural for $5.50 a yard all the time. I have no idea if that's a good price. I just buy it because the closest faric store is 45 miles away.

Katie 03-09-2010 04:32 AM

our Walmart is selling off all the fabric now as they will also no longer be carrying it. Luckily I bought a bolt of the 45" for 2.73 per yd. I've heard lots of complaints about the fabric from Walmart but I have gotten some really good stuff there and will miss it.

tlrnhi 03-09-2010 04:57 AM

I order Warm & Natural from Joann's by the bolt when it is on sale for 1/2 price. They are quick in the shipping, even here to Guam!

CajunQuilter2 03-09-2010 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
They are getting rid of all their fabric at our Walmart in May, sure will hurt a little rural town as ours since most places went out of business when Walmart came in.

good time for someone to open a LQS

pam1966 03-09-2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
There is a Jo Ann's in Nashville and I am sure there is one in Memphis. I have been to the one in Nashville, but order on line as it is 100 miles to Nashville or Memphis.

There is?? I had no idea! I used their store locator and it didn't show any stores in TN.

BellaBoo 03-09-2010 06:29 AM

When WM here closed the fabric dept. I bought all the new bolts of Warm and Natural they had at 40% off. I got the natural color and the white. It's hard to find the white Warm and Natural. One WM close to me has fabric and I call every week to out if batting on the bolt is on sale. When I do get the yes answer then I know the fabric dept is closing down and I'll stock up on the basics.

Lostn51 03-09-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by pam1966
If only we had a JoAnn's here....can you believe there isn't one in the whole state? But there is one about two hours away in Mississippi.

There is one in Memphis on the south east side of town. Not that great to go to........

Billy

Missi 03-09-2010 08:13 AM

I took the advice of the board in the fall and ordered a roll of batting from JoAnn's when I had a 50% or 40% off coupon. The roll is large but well worth the price and the UPS man brought it right to my door all I had to do was get it to the basement.