Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart find! So excited! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-find-so-excited-t54642.html)

CherokeeGal 07-15-2010 02:33 PM

My Walmart HAS closed out their fabric just recently! The gals in the fab dept was really upset & disappointed about losing their jobs & not being able to be seeing their repeat customers that they made Friends with! I will definitely MISS them! They were always so helpful!

I think this Quilting Board SITE is just WONDERFUL!!! Thanks, for being here you all...

kdid82 07-15-2010 02:58 PM

If I didn't have to drive over a 100 miles to get to a Wal-Mart, I'd be on my way now! Sounds like a real good idea.

mzsooz 07-15-2010 03:07 PM

You're lucky. I just got back from our WM and saw the $5 bolts and there wasn't anything I could use. In fact it was some really weird knits and things. Maybe somebody beat me to it and got all the good stuff!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-15-2010 03:16 PM

Does any one else wonder if "no fabric" in the stores, being reviewed ??? Mark up is generally o.k. hopefully made in the U.S.A. their are a few people that could use jobs. Hmmmmm If working at, WM might be somthing for the suggestion box. :)

sewnsewer2 07-15-2010 03:18 PM

Oh, can't wait to see what you got!

CarrieAnne 07-15-2010 04:07 PM

I have to go to Walmart tomarrow, so I want to see if they are doing that!

nursie76 07-15-2010 04:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, I am home. Here are pics of my material. I am really thrilled with all of it...almost. When I was looking at the $1 material, I passed some decent quality material that was Elvis Presley themed...just not that into Presley. I was excited to find Army themed material with dog tags, soldiers stripes etc on it in a color that I could pair with cammo colors for my grand son...didn't really care about the print as I would be cutting it in strips, but was excited about the colors....now as I am taking pics, I see it is pic/representations of Elvis's dog tags, draft registration card with his signature...all nice, but just not into Elvis...DRAT! Hmmmm wonder if it would work for a kaleidoscope quilt or it would probably make a really unique pocketbook?
Not bad for a days work, huh?

Over view of Elvis material Dog tags seem to stand out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76484[/ATTACH]

Close up of Elvis Material
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76485[/ATTACH]

Overview of it all Got 2 of the jungle pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76490[/ATTACH]

Close up part 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76491[/ATTACH]

Close up part 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76492[/ATTACH]

sewjoyce 07-15-2010 04:17 PM

Oh my -- love all your fabric!! Might have to go to my Wally World tomorrow....I'm sure I need something :lol:

livenlearn124 07-15-2010 04:19 PM

I saw this post earlier..so I had to run out to the one WM in the area that still has a decent fabric dpt.
BINGO!!! (Orange Park, FL)
Thanks so much for the tip!
I got 5 bolts and most had almost 8yds per bolt.

YAY!

I LOVE THIS FORUM!

nursie76 07-15-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Oh my -- love all your fabric!! Might have to go to my Wally World tomorrow....I'm sure I need something :lol:

:thumbup: