Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart find! So excited! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-find-so-excited-t54642.html)

aorlflood 07-16-2010 05:57 AM

Unfortunately our Walmart hasn't had fabric for about 3 years now! :(

quilt crazee 07-16-2010 06:24 AM

walmarts going foward will have only precut fat quarters, prefolds,ect. Our walmart in Elyria,Oh is rebuilding as a SUPER CENTER in Lorain.The fabric @ old store went to 70% off, as moving time gets close. Bottom line as stores get there REMODELS fab by the yard will be eliminated.It takes many hrs to staff a low profit area.To have someone there to cut fabric @ $1,$2,2.44,4.97,ect, is not profitable.YES, if they sold the yds they do @ QS $$$, they'd probably keep it.AND WE WOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE NEXT GREAT DEALS. I used to visit every walmart while on vacation, different store , different selection of $1&2 fabric! Maybe they should publish a GOT FABRIC GUIDE for us,so we don't waste our time!LOL!!!

DoxieMom 07-16-2010 07:38 AM

I'm visiting my mom out of state and plan to check out her WM today or tomorrow. Think I'll check her Michael's, too, while I'm here.

LINANN 07-16-2010 08:44 AM

I used that animal print for the back of my giraffe quilt...I also fussy cut the animals and put them in the front of the quilt....It is my favorite quilt.
Linda

nursie76 07-16-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by LINANN
I used that animal print for the back of my giraffe quilt...I also fussy cut the animals and put them in the front of the quilt....It is my favorite quilt.
Linda

Sounds like a great idea. Pics?

fmd36 07-16-2010 10:18 AM

As far as I can find out there is only 1 -repeat 1 - WM in the state of New Hampshire selling fabric. The retail spaces have been turned over to small craft stuff and expanded shoe dept. The closest one is 1 hr drive in hellacious traffic...J's is a bit over 1 hr in opposite direction in not too bad traffic. Hope to go on Tues. just to pick up some threads (Yeah, right!)

Jshep 07-16-2010 11:22 AM

I did the same thing on my lunch break today. Each bolt had at least five yards of fabric for $5.00 a bolt. Bought 8 bolts. All I went to Walmart for was to get my oil changed. LOL They also had hardback books for $4.00 - $6.00 each. The lady at the fabric counter said the books and fabric were from the same company. According to her this is a promotion. They also had fat quarters for $1.00 each.

Jshep 07-16-2010 11:29 AM

My WM had it stacked very high on two big tables with a big sign on each end in the aisle in the fabric dept. There were several different types of fabric.

garysgal 07-16-2010 02:57 PM

Our super walmart is starting to carry notions, yarn and I think I saw a sewing machine. Our smaller walmart on the other end of town is going to go super-size by next year, but they said they are keeping the fabric dept. I went in a couple of days ago and they are getting in their Christmas and Fall fabrics and have some really nice ones.

blossum 07-16-2010 03:51 PM

All the Walmart around me in Ct. redid their store and none of them have fabric. They make more money on big screne tv. The toy department in one is half of it's size hard to find any of the thing that the kid ask for their birthday.