Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart has a TON of A.E. Nathan fabrics $1!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-has-ton-e-nathan-fabrics-%241-t65028.html)

Cheriefaye2008 09-16-2010 10:57 AM

Ok, so my Walmart does have fabric dept, but I've never seen anything about the QOM patterns or fabrics there. Is this something online or in store?

cjomomma 09-16-2010 11:37 AM

Well gosh darn it!!!! I went over there and they hadn't marked them down yet. They were still at regular price. :(:(

CarolinePaj 09-16-2010 11:45 AM

I am so jealous.... we never have sales over here.... most fabric retails for about £11.00 (about $17.00).

Oh I wish for a trip to the USA.

hugs

zennia 09-16-2010 11:56 AM

No fabric department at my new super WM.

cjomomma 09-16-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Prettiptibbs
How does one know which walmart carries fabric?

There is no way to tell. They don't have a list.

cjomomma 09-16-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cheriefaye2008
Ok, so my Walmart does have fabric dept, but I've never seen anything about the QOM patterns or fabrics there. Is this something online or in store?

I haven't seen any fabric's for WM online and I have searched.

patricej 09-16-2010 02:53 PM

i hope i'm wrong, but when they start marking down the hot sellers, it usually means that walmart is downsizing the fab department in preparation to get rid of it.

take note of the fact that those fabs have not been reduced in all walmarts.

ask the ladies who work in the department.

RedGarnet222 09-16-2010 03:06 PM

One of the reno walmart's sold out all of thier fabric last month. I would never have known except a friend told me and I went over there and bought about fourty yards of different fabrics. It was at fifty percent off. I heard later they went to seventy five percent off. But that is ok, I got what I wanted when they had a huge selection.
It is sad that it is gone from the store though. I only used to buy small things that I wanted at a reduced price.
But, while I was there, I found some fabrics that I buy at the LQS for a lot more! Sadly, now it is too late.

cjomomma 09-16-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i hope i'm wrong, but when they start marking down the hot sellers, it usually means that walmart is downsizing the fab department in preparation to get rid of it.

take note of the fact that those fabs have not been reduced in all walmarts.

ask the ladies who work in the department.

Our wm has always marked down the QOM fabric. We went thru the whole remodel and they just made fabrics dept smaller. During the remodel they marked down fabric to 25 cents a yard so I bought what was on every bolt that would make good backing.

trisha 09-16-2010 07:11 PM

Maybe the fabric and stuff was so cheap at your walmart because they are going to close the fabric department. That is what happened at our walmart. Big sale,,,then poof...gone.