Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WalMart Newspaper Ad today, Fabrics Are Back PLUS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-newspaper-ad-today-fabrics-back-plus-t153880.html)

mjsylvstr 09-19-2011 06:27 AM

covers our one store which had removed all fabrics.......the other one never lost it completely......

convenience again..........

NUTMEG10 09-19-2011 06:41 AM

Walmart in our area brought back fabric but there was one problem - it is all precut and limited. I refuse to have anyone tell me I have to buy 2 yards of fabric or what ever they have. We have gotten the first Holly Hobby in the state and is about 4 miles from me and love there fabric department.

GJoyce 09-19-2011 06:43 AM

Gads, All I can do is cross my fingers and hope. I was so sorry to see ours close the fabric part when they decided to grow and put the food in. OF course I do like the food area but to be able to do my crafting /sewing needs at the same time in the same place would be more than greatl

GJoyce 09-19-2011 06:45 AM

Gads, All I can do is cross my fingers and hope. I was so sorry to see ours close the fabric part when they decided to grow and put the food in. OF course I do like the food area but to be able to do my crafting /sewing needs at the same time in the same place would be more than greatl

Dretha 09-19-2011 06:57 AM

Both Walmarts that are about 1/2 houe in opposite directions from me got rid of their fabric and both now have it back. They say as time goes they will be getting more. We shall see, but one town there is only one other place to buy fabric and it is really expensive.

newbiequilter 09-19-2011 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
I've emailed my local walmart 2 times...and they have not responded....so I'm not going to waste my time to go check.

I hope they get the fabric...but if they don't, that's okay too. I try to shop with my local stores that are Michigan based. Our local economy is hurting so bad...I don't want to give any extra pennies to the Walmart Effect if I don't have to.

Try emailing corporate WM. I did once about a complaint I had and the manager of the local store called me the next day!

Rosie the "Ripper" 09-19-2011 07:19 AM

The WM here is going through a renovation and I did see where the fabric dept. is starting to develop. There are very few bolts so far and the prices are high. They do have a nice cutting table though, so maybe there is some hope. Sales people say that with the holidays coming on, it will be six months before the store is in order. It is a grand mess right now. Even the parking lot, with all the machinery on it, is a mess.
Instead of trying to call corporate about the problem, talk to the manager of your particular store. They are the one's doing the ordering.

luvstoquilt 09-19-2011 07:38 AM

I am being told fabric is coming back to the Oswego store. No one I asked in Plano knew the answer. Since I never had a Walmart close before moving to Illinois and the fabric was gone before I got here I have no idea what the quality will be. Still, I can't wait to see and will love having other sewing notions closer to home. There is no fabric store in my little city.

damaquilts 09-19-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg

Originally Posted by scrapykate
I just saw so fabric at the local walmart, not very much and not place to cut it, so you buy the yardage that is there......

The WM on Military HWY has always carried fabric and for years it was the only one in this area that had it. Then last week I went to the one on Tidewater/Little Cr Rd and they had some bolts and a small notions isle. Maybe it'll just take time and also they won't stock to much until they see how it will go. The one on Military HWY has a great after Christmas sell; last year I got alot of less than 50 cents a yard.

I am going to have to check that one out and see. I am still finding my way around.The one closest to me doesn't have fabric its on Princess Anne and Lynnhaven.

overdew 09-19-2011 09:07 AM

We got fabric back in NE Texas! Hurrah!