Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Warm and Natural Batting - Wash First??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/warm-natural-batting-wash-first-t130721.html)

Krystyna 06-15-2011 12:22 PM

Ooooo! Thanks so much. And they have some cute projects on the site, too!
Crafty Bear - changing subject - how do you put the links under your signature?

MTS 06-15-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
I just updated my original post. You're supposed to wash it BY HAND!!! (Their caps, not mine). And ... "Wash as you would a fine cotton sweater."
PUH-LEASE!!!

Yeah, well, I throw my fine cotton sweaters in the machine. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

85 quilts and I've never washed W&N batting before. I doubt people would be running to buy it, even with a 50% off coupon, if that was really required. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That said, all my quilts are heavily quilted. Not microstippling, but dense, so I'm never really worried about the batting separating or clumping.

Deborahlees 06-15-2011 12:47 PM

If you are really really really concerned, then wash the quilt when you are done and before you use it or give it away.....I personally would/could not be bothered with washing before....But I will say I washed my last quilt and loved how it looks and from now on will wash before I give away....Also a good way of knowing for sure it washes OK....and that no seams opened, heaven forbide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

familyfun 06-15-2011 01:05 PM

I never wash it either. I like the wrinkle look that it gives the quilt when it shrinks.

mosaicthinking 06-15-2011 01:19 PM

Just for an alternative to the majority of non-washers, I have washed W & N before using the wool setting on my front-loader, and no washing detergent. Then I let it dry on a drying rack. It survived the process just fine. I am not crazy about the wrinkle look, which is why I did pre-wash.

craftybear 06-15-2011 01:21 PM

Hi,

at the top of this page, click on My Profile and then you copy and paste the links under the signature tab and be sure to save it by clicking on update general information

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Ooooo! Thanks so much. And they have some cute projects on the site, too!
Crafty Bear - changing subject - how do you put the links under your signature?

Candace 06-15-2011 01:31 PM

Is this box of W&N really old? There current packaging doesn't have this on it, that I'm aware of! Maybe the old W&N was processed differently than the new.

Deborahlees 06-15-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Is this box of W&N really old? There current packaging doesn't have this on it, that I'm aware of! Maybe the old W&N was processed differently than the new.

>>>>>
I agreee

paulswalia 06-15-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
I'm glad I never read instructions. I've never washed warm and natural batting. Once the quilt is made, it launders beautifully. Nice and crinkly. It's my favorite batting.

Me Too!!

Krystyna 06-15-2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees

Originally Posted by Candace

>>>>>
I agreee

It could be. It was from the quilter's estate sale. Only paid $5 a box. Who could resist?