Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Warm & Natural,first time using it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/warm-natural-first-time-using-t41335.html)

stitchinwitch 04-01-2010 07:18 AM

80/20

jemcnutt 04-01-2010 07:44 AM

Me, too!!!

feline fanatic 04-01-2010 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian

One of the ladies at work today was telling my mother to never put cotton batting in the dryer because it will come apart and bunch up and pucker and look awful after. I know she quilts by hand, and her quilting is not very close together, so maybe that's why she was saying that? ...

Melanie, I suspect this ladie is using an old fasioned cotton batting that most likely does not have a finish on it to help hold it together or isn't needle finished like W&N. I am sure there are still ones like that on the market. I haven't seen batting like that in ages but it does need to be very closely quilted or it will fall apart or bunch up like this woman describes. But if it is quilted closely it does not look awful with machine washing and drying.
You will be fine with the W&N and should get beautiful old fasioned quilt shrinkage between this and your non prewashed fabrics. It would be great if you could post before and after pictures.

penski 04-01-2010 11:17 AM

welcome to the world of warm and natural it is great!! the only kind i use , i have dried mine both ways in the dryer or on a nice day i will dry it part of the way and lay it out on the patio in the sunshine to finish drying to get that fresh smell, i have never had a problem either way

iltoaz 04-01-2010 12:36 PM

thanks for all the infor on WandN. Ijust purchased a batting for finishing on a twin size for the grandson so it will be washed and dried. I also purchased when on sale. I feel much better about using it - will let you all know the outcome.

vickimc 04-01-2010 03:11 PM

I have been using Warm company products for years. I am a longarm quilter and most of my customers love it. some still want poly. Also, my friend's cousin is the plant manager in Fletcher NC, which is only 2 1/2 hrs away from me. not affiliated, just love the stuff. I have one quilt that is 14 yrs old, with Warm and Natural and gets washed alot. still looks good.

zz-pd 04-01-2010 03:33 PM

Wash away and enjoy your creation. Penny

Catherine Marie 04-01-2010 06:21 PM

That's the beauty of Warm and Natural- it washes well, dries like a dream, and always looks great.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 04-01-2010 06:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by feline fanatic

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian

One of the ladies at work today was telling my mother to never put cotton batting in the dryer because it will come apart and bunch up and pucker and look awful after. I know she quilts by hand, and her quilting is not very close together, so maybe that's why she was saying that? ...

Melanie, I suspect this ladie is using an old fasioned cotton batting that most likely does not have a finish on it to help hold it together or isn't needle finished like W&N. I am sure there are still ones like that on the market. I haven't seen batting like that in ages but it does need to be very closely quilted or it will fall apart or bunch up like this woman describes. But if it is quilted closely it does not look awful with machine washing and drying.
You will be fine with the W&N and should get beautiful old fasioned quilt shrinkage between this and your non prewashed fabrics. It would be great if you could post before and after pictures.

Ok, I held my breath taking it out of the dryer, but it looks awesome! It's perfectly puckered :)

twistedstitcher 04-01-2010 07:37 PM

Absolutely ADORABLE! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: